California Supreme Court Strikes Limits for Medical Marijuana Patients

I just read the ruling in it's entirety and it simply removes the limits on how many plants can be grown and how much dried cannabis a qualified MMJ user or their qualified caretaker can posses, transport, etc. as it is unconstitutional at the state level for the legislature to amend a voter initiative without voter approval unless the initiative says they can.

I don't get this message. Unless you're saying how can cops put limits on weed, which cops never have done that, hence why it makes no sense. Courts make the limits, and they have justified it unconstitutional to put a limit on medical weed.

Cops DO do that around here, put limits on weed, if they *think* it's too much for a person to be allowed to have--they still react as if it is illicit. They'll arrest and take it right away from you (dry bud over an oz), or take what they think is the excess (plants), and then you get to explain it all to the judge.

There are no limits in Cali now. The original initiative had no limits in it. So generally stay below the federal limit of 100. Over 100 can get you an automatic 10 year sentence.
Now Cali just needs to move forward with the complete legalization intiative and that will remove the criminal element, plus add a section for legal hemp.

No, something is getting lost in this translation, someone said Cops, like the cops make the laws, the cops never made the laws on weed. People voted for the weed, yet the ORIGINAL AMOUNT WAS NEVER SET, BY THE PEOPLE.
The state, or whomever set the law, that in California no more than 12 plants. 6 mature 6 infant. No more than 8 OZ per patient.

The JUDGES IN THE SUPREME COURT OF CALIFORNIA said this is unconstitutional to put limits on what one can have or not, based on any a base number. One may need way more than you or I.

Right now under California law, nothing is set. If you were stopped, you may get a ticket, maybe get arrested, maybe go to jail, but the court will throw it out. As for Long Beach cops, they don't care as long as you're not driving on it or in the front seat of your car.

The law states, locked in the trunk during transportation from dispensary to home ONLY. Now if you wanna be a dumb-a__ and drive around with it go for it, one deserves to be pulled over and hauled away...except that ruins it for the rest of us.

Cops have a right under the law of suspicion to search the glove box, under seats, and will hold you there until a search warrant arrives. YOU WON'T WIN. So then they will pop your trunk, tear it apart and your whole car can be torn apart by not allowing them without a search warrant.

Your the fool to say no, you can search my car....LOL fools, they can even cut your roof off if they feel like it once served. I laugh when I see the guy say no and the warrant comes...lol

As long as it is in your trunk, and the bag is there, and you hold papers, the courts will throw it out. Getting stopped by DEA might be big trouble, cause they are Federal even though Obama says no, they won't bother.

The justices are just saying the legislature can't change the intiative, the people have to do that. So however much the original intiative authorized, thats how much you can legally have. Commonsense should be used in transporting. Locked in the trunk is a good way. The officer can't open the trunk without a search warrant unless you give hime permission.

Most likely if someone has 4000 plants, yeah i could see why....lol, but for a typical person, a SMART Person, do you really need more than say, 20 plants that are 10 feet or more high? Hell, I have a hard time keeping up with 12 plants, trimming and such.
Cops DO do that around here, put limits on weed, if they *think* it's too much for a person to be allowed to have--they still react as if it is illicit. They'll arrest and take it right away from you (dry bud over an oz), or take what they think is the excess (plants), and then you get to explain it all to the judge.

At this time, yes, Medical Marijuana ONLY until voters vote on how much. Now in FEB regular MJ is on the ballot, SO VOTE, VOTE, VOTE. Right now, we have no laws on limits for Medical Marijuana, but if 56% polls show California wants to Legalize across the board, regular and medical all MARIJUANA WOULD BE LEGAL. Vote :cheer: Vote
Does this mean a person can grow and possess at much as they like? If so I'm never leaving California.

VOTE :cheer: VOTE

FEB. 2010 IT'S ON THE BALLOT FOR ALL MARIJUANA NOT JUST MEDICAL.

RIGHT NOW, NO LIMITS ON MEDICAL, TO GROW OR TO POSSESS.

VOTE FEB 2010 VOTE :cheer:
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Actually, yeah they could, BECAUSE YOUR SUPPOSE TO GO TO THE DISPENSARY ALONE. Ya gotta read the rules. I know, who does, but yeah, my friends come with me, but wait in the car....so I guess that's taken a chance too, just put it in your trunk.
Well, I am a little concerned about this. 8 ounces was a limit for patients but a limit for police as well. Now if I'm caught with six ounces in a car full of non-patients a cop can say, "well, this looks like intent to distribute to me."

This SC ruling essentially is giving the discretion to the police officer. In Santa Cruz county that would be fine but in Orange County (where I am) officers are very critical of marijuana. They see what is happening with MMJ in Los Angeles (1,000 clinics) and they don't like it. They don't want to see it in Orange County.

So I hope we get a bill up there soon that specifies the amount we can carry. Just a safer policy for everyone.

I do not understand why dispensaries call their customers "patients." I am my doctors patient. For a dispensary to refer to a customer as a patient implies that customers of a marijuana dispensary is entitled to privilege as you are entitled to when you see a doctor. In addition medical marijuana dispensary owners did not graduate from medical school. The people behind the counter at marijuana dispensaries are sales people not pharmacist. Marijuana dispensaries are a business and they care only about money. I just read on this web site that Dennis Hopper shopped for pot at a dispensary which I feel would be a violation of his right to privacy if he were a patient.

At this time, yes, Medical Marijuana ONLY until voters vote on how much. Now in FEB regular MJ is on the ballot, SO VOTE, VOTE, VOTE. Right now, we have no laws on limits for Medical Marijuana, but if 56% polls show California wants to Legalize across the board, regular and medical all MARIJUANA WOULD BE LEGAL. Vote :cheer: Vote

I thought this was for the nov. ballot.. so are they having a special voting session?

Are you sure it is on the ballot this february? I thought it was voted down by the Health committee before it could be presented on the ballot.

If it is on the ballot what proposition is it? I'm pretty sure Amiano's is off till at least next year.

I meant the deadline for signatures I think is in Feb. for the Nov. ballot 2010....sorry, yes it is in Nov. for the ballot, to legalize in the State of California. It passed in Jan. the Assembly bill.
Thanks

I thought this was for the nov. ballot.. so are they having a special voting session?

Until or unless the voters vote on how much is how much. It is up to the voters. Yet there is nothing on the voters plate for this measure, so as of now, YUP grow baby, GROW :rollit: :rollit: :rollit: :surf:
I just read the ruling in it's entirety and it simply removes the limits on how many plants can be grown and how much dried cannabis a qualified MMJ user or their qualified caretaker can posses, transport, etc. as it is unconstitutional at the state level for the legislature to amend a voter initiative without voter approval unless the initiative says they can.

Except you forget, once we call, weed medical weed and call it a prescribed medicine by a doctor, then the dispensary becomes what is known as a weed pharmacy. The sellers are not drug dealers, they become make shift pharmacist. Special case. So no matter I go to my regular doctor, or my weed LIC. doctor to pick up my pharmaceuticals, at Walgreens or dispensary, I Am always considered a patient, the term "patient" will always apply. Not client, your not doing a business transaction, your picking up medical weed, term "medical" in law it is called being "technicalities" that's what makes up laws.
The dispensary knows if you have Aids, Cancer, Insomnia, or a peep-peep problem because they see it from your paper work and the privacy is exposed to them before you enter a dispensary. I hope this helps?
I do not understand why dispensaries call their customers "patients." I am my doctors patient. For a dispensary to refer to a customer as a patient implies that customers of a marijuana dispensary is entitled to privilege as you are entitled to when you see a doctor. In addition medical marijuana dispensary owners did not graduate from medical school. The people behind the counter at marijuana dispensaries are sales people not pharmacist. Marijuana dispensaries are a business and they care only about money. I just read on this web site that Dennis Hopper shopped for pot at a dispensary which I feel would be a violation of his right to privacy if he were a patient.

I think they call them patients because if they called them customers at this point, it may be misconstrued as admitting illegal sales. Just MHO....

Back
Top Bottom