Californian Fined $500 In Nebraska Pot Case

A woman who was arrested with another Californian for marijuana possession on Interstate 80 near North Platte has been fined $500.

Kelly Robyn, of Grass Valley, Calif., was sentenced Monday for attempted possession of more than a pound of marijuana. After a plea deal, prosecutors lowered the charge from a felony to a misdemeanor. The judge noted that it was Robyn's first offense.

The 48-year-old Robyn was a passenger in a car stopped in April. The Nebraska State Patrol says 24 pounds of marijuana was found in the vehicle's trunk.

The driver, 60-year-old Gary Benedict, of Nevada City, Calif., missed a May hearing and is being sought on a bench warrant. Court records say Benedict faces two drug felony drug charges. Case records don't list his attorney's name.

NewsHawk: Ganjarden: 420 MAGAZINE
Source: San Jose Mercury News
Author: The Associated Press
Copyright: 2010 San Jose Mercury News

* Thanks to MedicalNeed for submitting this article

24 pounds knocked down to misdemeanor...that's a nice judge!

I think its because she was a passenger not the driver. the driver is wanted for felony drug charges. Im sure weve not heard the end of this.

ahh, ya i think you're right, didnt think about it. i guess it was the drivers pot and she was "along for the ride"

Although she was in on it in some way...you dont just ride in any car that has 24 pounds.... i mean, i dont even know where to get that much, let alone even a single pound LOL

Yea! LOL.... sometimes finding it at all is too much...thats why i started to grow my meds. u wont find it in my car...only at home :)

it is possible she knew about it, however, hard 2 prove
its the "attempted possession" that bothers me...like being guilty of thinking about commiting a crime...thats why i think we will hear more...its why we SHOULD hear more

Back
Top Bottom