Calming effect?

HighAndMighty

So, one day, around my 39th birthday, it dawned on me. I'm a generally angry person, and I need to calm the hell down.

After 39 years of tsk-tsking and smirking at people who did drugs, I decided to try pot. And I enjoyed it. Still do. I only eat cannibutter; I don't smoke. I've never smoked anything.

I tried a bong once, but it got me all "hyped up" which I didn't like. I want the calming effect of eating it. And it's pretty good at that.

Now I'm growiing for the first time. Here's my link on my grow box.

For the past week or so, a clear aroma of weed has eminated from the exhaust vent of the box. It's subtle; not like putting my nose into a baggie of weed, but it's there. And, as it so happens, it's right-smack next to my kitchen table, where I sit at the computer ALL DAY LONG. So I'm basically inhaling this smell all day.

My purpose for picking up the 420 habit was not the temporary high it gives (although that's great), but to calm myself down in a more permanent way. I wanted a life change. I wanted to avoid killing somebody, most likely for ticking me off in traffic.

So, my question...

Am I getting high just from breathing the smell from a couple small plants? Does it have the same effect as smoking/eating it? Is there any documentation on the changes in personalities or lives of those who consume weed for years vs those who don't smoke but live around it, growing it and inhaling it that way for years?

Thank you for your time,
H&M

Re: Calming effect???

You can't get high from smelling it, the cannabinoids have to be heated up to active them before they can get you high, and even if you do inhale trace amounts of cannabinoids (not sure if that's actually possible, unless your nose is very close to the plant), they won't affect you because they aren't active.

But I am glad you finally decided to try it and it's helped you :)

Peace ;)

Part of it might have been the strain too. A strong sativa can give a "racey" high that is not fun/appealing to many people. I don't know if you are a MMJ patient, but if so, look for a strain called "Blue Dream" - it's a hybrid cross between blueberry and haze that was developed for anti-anxiety/anti-stress/anti-depression. I've found it extremely helpful for the anxiety and stress problems I USED to take Xanax to relieve (have a "permanent" script).

YMMV. :peace:

So, one day, around my 39th birthday, it dawned on me. I'm a generally angry person, and I need to calm the hell down.

After 39 years of tsk-tsking and smirking at people who did drugs, I decided to try pot. And I enjoyed it. Still do. I only eat cannibutter; I don't smoke. I've never smoked anything.

I tried a bong once, but it got me all "hyped up" which I didn't like. I want the calming effect of eating it. And it's pretty good at that.

Now I'm growiing for the first time. Here's my link on my grow box.

For the past week or so, a clear aroma of weed has eminated from the exhaust vent of the box. It's subtle; not like putting my nose into a baggie of weed, but it's there. And, as it so happens, it's right-smack next to my kitchen table, where I sit at the computer ALL DAY LONG. So I'm basically inhaling this smell all day.

My purpose for picking up the 420 habit was not the temporary high it gives (although that's great), but to calm myself down in a more permanent way. I wanted a life change. I wanted to avoid killing somebody, most likely for ticking me off in traffic.

So, my question...

Am I getting high just from breathing the smell from a couple small plants? Does it have the same effect as smoking/eating it? Is there any documentation on the changes in personalities or lives of those who consume weed for years vs those who don't smoke but live around it, growing it and inhaling it that way for years?

Thank you for your time,
H&M

The same reason I got back into after being straight for 20 years. And now that I'm older I can see where I would have benefited alot from smoking in the straight days.
No effect from just breathing the smell. I never smoked tabacco my entire life either. Never saw the point to it.

Back
Top Bottom