Can 12v pc fans full through carbon? Should I scrap this grow box?

binks100

So i have a homemade carbon filter, very small. It's x2 12v pc fans inline at full-speed pulling through about an inch of activated carbon and very thin filter.... I have a hole where air can flow in passively and I can barely feel any air coming in (only just).

The grow box is very small (pc grow box small), with x4 23w CFL's it gets up to 110f.... so i only use x2 and its about 100f... too hot i think.

...I think bad airflow from the carbon filter is causing the heat to build up inside the box way too much...

Any insight on fixing this? Should I scrap this and build a real grow box?

Thanks.

So i have a homemade carbon filter, very small. It's x2 12v pc fans inline at full-speed pulling through about an inch of activated carbon and very thin filter.... I have a hole where air can flow in passively and I can barely feel any air coming in (only just).

The grow box is very small (pc grow box small), with x4 23w CFL's it gets up to 110f.... so i only use x2 and its about 100f... too hot i think.

...I think bad airflow from the carbon filter is causing the heat to build up inside the box way too much...

Any insight on fixing this? Should I scrap this and build a real grow box?

Thanks.
Hello. Way too hot. Should be between 75 and about 84. Mine sits at 82 most days and I think it's too hot for me. Can you send pics?

Back
Top Bottom