Can a feminized auto flower become a hermaphrodite, and will it ruin the rest of my crop

Tqredhot

420 Member
I planted an auto flower, northern light, using the same regime as my regular feminized seeds. A neighbour looked at plant and said it looks like it’s a hermaphrodite. Will this ruin my other plants and what should I do with it if it is a hermaphrodite? Thanks in advance

68A4BA5C-1092-499E-9D8E-9C96E7BC8B6B.jpeg

25B1D450-C834-4820-B1BC-1B389DA2E0A7.jpeg

I'd wait for 2nd, even 3rd opinions...but I don't see a hermie....I see swollen calyx which is a good thing :thumb:.

Then again I have zero experience with hermies, maybe @013 might be able to weigh in?

I planted an auto flower, northern light, using the same regime as my regular feminized seeds. A neighbour looked at plant and said it looks like it’s a hermaphrodite. Will this ruin my other plants and what should I do with it if it is a hermaphrodite? Thanks in advance

68A4BA5C-1092-499E-9D8E-9C96E7BC8B6B.jpeg

25B1D450-C834-4820-B1BC-1B389DA2E0A7.jpeg

Reminds me a little of foxtailing. Could be way off though lmao

Thanks Rexer, appreciate the tag! I would expect most any weed plant can hermie given the right or rather wrong conditions as in too much stress but the precursor is typically yellow bananas or nanners as we call them. Generally speaking they start low on the plant but can appear elsewhere too.

In most cases plucking each nanner is sufficient, the goal is to identify and remove nanners before they open and spill pollen thereby self pollinating the female plant. Water can be sprayed to kill pollen but in the case of a true male most here will slip a garbage bag over plant and remove from grow space. Pollen is microscopic and floats thru the air

think you are good to go and just seeing fat calyxes, BTW’s based on the lack of pistils it looks like your NL girl is about ready for harvest.

p.s. - welcome aboard

Back
Top Bottom