Can I 600Watt Mh for early Veg?.. First Timer

Chelseasmokes

Hey Guys need to know if can switch my babies to mh yet? They have been in the rockwool for about two weeks.. they have good amount of roots coming outta bottom of wool, so I need to switch to bigger 5gal buckets(6in pots)... BUT im worried about the light being too strong this early.... Help
410_2_.JPG

I don't know what light you're using now. Yes you can switch to the 600. A bit overkill and waste of power. But just put the plants farther away. To be conservative, maybe try 30" away, or even farther to start, like 36". I have seedlings that size under a 600 and they are 20- 24" away but I keep them partially shaded and sheltered under other larger plants. Be careful the first couple days and see how they react. They'll probably start growing like crazy once they get used to the stronger light.

Good idea. Mine dims to 300 and I usually start there for seedlings- but since more often I have all plant stages growing at once, including mothers, I often have it at 600, or else 400 if I want to slow growth, or am going away for a while and want to go a bit longer in between waterings. Just be careful the first couple days like I said. They may need to get used to the change

Back
Top Bottom