Can I cut these leaves and growths off? Or should I?

Chase420Davis

420-magazine-mobile678097866.jpg
this is the node of the single leave set that sprouts first . But since I'm wanting to train this plant should I cut these growths off. I know I've heard people say you don't count this as a node so that's why I assume I should cut it off.

Sent from my Z963VL using 420 Magazine Mobile App

You could... But personally I would let the plant mature more before causing stress and I wouldn't be chopping so low.

Noooo. Let those extra growths get some light! Gently tuck fan leaves and other branches out of the way to expose those. Bud's will come out of them, also, if you're going to cut the whole stem you may want to just top it, wait a week, and tie the tops down. I'll post pics of my lady later and show you what I'm talking about!

Sent from ya grandma's phone

You could... But personally I would let the plant mature more before causing stress and I wouldn't be chopping so low.
I feel this way to but will these bottom tops mature and develop like the rest if they do then I don't care I usually chop em off and burry it up to the next node and that accounts for the top heavy-ness but it's not that top heavy and only 5 nodes high including this node. But if I train it with lst and these growths will grow popcorn buds.

I mean it looks a bit to low down to cut. Looking at the second pic, have you already topped it once? If so, maybe let the new tops grow out a little first then top those.

I'm pretty new to this, so maybe see what others think. Are you working with height limitations?

I mean it looks a bit to low down to cut. Looking at the second pic, have you already topped it once? If so, maybe let the new tops grow out a little first then top those.

I'm pretty new to this, so maybe see what others think. Are you working with height limitations?

I think the question was about cleaning out the under growth, not topping

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Ah, I see. The original picture looks like there's clippers over the main stem indicating a cut.

If that's the case I wouldn't think there'd be any benefit in pruning at this stage

Ah, I see. The original picture looks like there's clippers over the main stem indicating a cut.

If that's the case I wouldn't think there'd be any benefit in pruning at this stage
Lol no it's a wire I'm using to lst but if I cut them off won't they just grow back in veg?

Haha it's not too bad at all, don't be afraid to tie the top lower as long as the stem doesn't quite feel like it will snap. The idea is to get the plant thinking the lower growth is now the top and shoot up. If it feels brittle just bend a little more each day.

You could also top just under the first or second node from the top if you want. I saw a great diagram on lst I saw a while ago I'll try and find it.

There are loads of opinions on training online and I think you're making a decent start, I currently do a little lst and a lot of super cropping and am very happy with the results. You could add a scrog net too. It's a matter of preference depending on your circumstances.

tmp_14565-user65379_pic36951_1237084775203795498.jpg
tmp_14565-user65379_pic36952_12370847751646980594.jpg
tmp_14565-images_duckduckgo_com1500750357.jpg

I take no credit for the diagrams, I just found them in google and they were really helpful for my understanding. Mine was a similar size as the diagram, I topped and started the lst but snapped the main stem about half way. Taped it up and tied the top down and it exploded. I was then hooked on super cropping and will never look back lol. My plant is covered in little knuckles.

Look up a you tube video called "super crop your plants (fuc em up)", not saying it's the only way but I found it interesting. There is loads of info on here about super cropping and other training methods. Read up and go for it.

tmp_14565-user65379_pic36951_1237084775203795498.jpg
tmp_14565-user65379_pic36952_12370847751646980594.jpg
tmp_14565-images_duckduckgo_com1500750357.jpg

I take no credit for the diagrams, I just found them in google and they were really helpful for my understanding. Mine was a similar size as the diagram, I topped and started the lst but snapped the main stem about half way. Taped it up and tied the top down and it exploded. I was then hooked on super cropping and will never look back lol. My plant is covered in little knuckles.

Look up a you tube video called "super crop your plants (fuc em up)", not saying it's the only way but I found it interesting. There is loads of info on here about super cropping and other training methods. Read up and go for it.

Thanks i've become super interested with all training in general. I only half ass get this though lol like any math class I've ever taken, some shit you don't need to understand at first you just let er' ride. So do I just lead my plant in a circle around my pot.

And I fimmed mine cause I was told that works good so that was like a day before I started tying it down.
420-magazine-mobile1440625140.jpg

Heres a pic that may give you an idea of what to shoot for with LST.
420-magazine-mobile971708452.jpg

Keep em frosty ya'll
420-magazine-mobile38238378.jpg
so since I already fimmed it. it should only grow colas up now ?(If I continue to lead the fimmed part around the pot) I have seen some videos of lst but they always have these SuperCropped and lst plants like they do it all to 1 plant which seems pointless if you can just tie it down for the first 6 weeks an keep your stuff all symmetrical and ocd lol .
420-magazine-mobile1577653094.jpg

Back
Top Bottom