Should I trim some fan leaves?

Chase420Davis

420-magazine-mobile700071175.jpg
should I trim em all or a few or any other opinion ? I'm a fuaxing newb that doesn't know anything . . .

Sent from my Z963VL using 420 Magazine Mobile App

If it were me I would. Don't go too crazy. Only those that are shadowing buds. Everyone has diff opinions on this. This is just mine. What kind of light are you using?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

While I am a huge advocate of taking out some fan leafs at the right time to let light in.....In your case, now way. Your plant isn't bushy and so full of foliage that it needs it at all.. Actually you need all the fans you have there. I would ease up on the Nitrogen a bit though.

Only trim fan leaves if they are heavily shading budsites, otherwise probably just leave them. Although I have heard of people trimming all the fan leaves during the last 2-3weeks of flower to focus all the energy on the buds. No idea if it works or not. :)

I trimmed a few tip fan leaves really made a difference I just barley had the heart to do it

If it were me I would. Don't go too crazy. Only those that are shadowing buds. Everyone has diff opinions on this. This is just mine. What kind of light are you using?

400w hps ,what is best for reflection ?

I wouldnt cut off to many fan leaves they are your armor and your way to feed your ladies. I dont defoiliate i keep ALL my fan leaves and bend and use yo-yo's to move branches for light pentration

Sent from my SM-J320P using 420

I will cut them off during my last couple of weeks but to.me she wouldn't grow them if she didnt need them. Try to.tuck leaves and use the fact that stems arent stiff yet so you can bend them out to open up light pentration deep to lower budsites.
ea50b623bc9583fd64206475419540aa.jpg

If I were you, rather than trim anything off of that tall, skinny girl, I would tie the top down in such a way that at least half of the main stem is horizontal... then all those little buds and stems along the main stem of the plant can get full access to all that HID light.

Anybody else think that sounds smart?

I totally agree, training is way better than removing her armor and food source. I dont defoiliate until last couple weeks or before flowering begins. But i dont take much off if i do , i prefer to open her by training.

Chase, How far away from the plant is your light?

How tall is the plant from the soil to the top?

Very tall like foot and a half 2 feet ain't shite I can do about it I left town and it stretched and I had it topped too. But then I snapped the other top off . I need to cut a hole in my loft to place the light through cause it is like 6 inch off top of plants .

Yea she skinny cause of a royal fuck up on my behalf... I threw a brush and it did the same crap phones do, bounced Straight up snapped its other top right off. My luck... but yea I only have trimmed a few fan leaves off the top because they were completely blocking light but I got some reflective stuff
420-magazine-mobile374786310.jpg
to put up. Maybe it will help?
If I were you, rather than trim anything off of that tall, skinny girl, I would tie the top down in such a way that at least half of the main stem is horizontal... then all those little buds and stems along the main stem of the plant can get full access to all that HID light.

Anybody else think that sounds smart?

I totally agree, training is way better than removing her armor and food source. I dont defoiliate until last couple weeks or before flowering begins. But i dont take much off if i do , i prefer to open her by training.

Training in week 4 of flower sounds ineffective lol I think this one will just have to deal with the hurt feelz. But do u lst or hst ,and what technique cause idk which is better or easier.

Well, I'm told stressing the plant in flowering is not advisable because it can make a hermie so I was thinking LST.

But if you're not used to doing it, I suppose you could do more harm than good.

You can always use yo-yo's to pull branches apart. To expose budsites. Instead of using to hold up branches, put them at the bottom of bucket and make string tight. Just don't pull to hard. Then set and exposed.

You can always use yo-yo's to pull branches apart. To expose budsites. Instead of using to hold up branches, put them at the bottom of bucket and make string tight. Just don't pull to hard. Then set and exposed.

I suppose that would work I've been using straws to push beaches away from the stalk but she has way different pistils than my ruderalis plant they have sharp edges and are going every direction and smells so lemony.

Back
Top Bottom