Can I feed seedlings synthetic NPK then go all organic?

Phillybonker

Can I feed seedlings synthetic NPK once they are 1 or 2 weeks old then put them in the ground in organic super soil? Will the seedlings "take" to the organic super soil after being raised on synthetic NPK in the first 3 weeks of their lives?

You totally can. To the plant, the N the P and the K are all the same.
I feed mine liquid fox farms and also organic banana peels dried and grounded.
I also used super soil with liquid fertilizers, I also use tablespoons when it says to use teaspoons.
Out of all these NPK anomalies my plants never even showed a sign of stress from any of it. And maybe 3 leaves showed signs of burning on their tips.
maybe that’s a lot of useless info but basically the answer is yes.

Can I feed seedlings synthetic NPK once they are 1 or 2 weeks old then put them in the ground in organic super soil? Will the seedlings "take" to the organic super soil after being raised on synthetic NPK in the first 3 weeks of their lives?
Thought you were in Coots mix?? You wont need synthetic fertilizer with that.

For seedlings they have cotyledons that have about 2 weeks of nutrients in them that the seedling uses to grow roots. There are very few roots at the seedling stage so you'd likely over do it and kill the seedlings.

Try it and report back.

Oh ya lol I feel I should mention, I also add a mix of synthetic and organic liquid fertilizers at the same time.
organic worm casting and bat guano tea, organic seaweed blend
Actually organic banana peel powder
Fox Farms Grow Big -(not these at
FloraNova Bloom - the same time)
and cal mag if ever need be.
That’s gotta say a lot I think

Thought you were in Coots mix?? You wont need synthetic fertilizer with that.

For seedlings they have cotyledons that have about 2 weeks of nutrients in them that the seedling uses to grow roots. There are very few roots at the seedling stage so you'd likely over do it and kill the seedlings.

Try it and report back.
Yeah I'm putting coots mix in the ground out in bush land.

I'll research cotyledons, I didn't know that even exists. My coots mix will have been "cooking" for six weeks when the seeds germinate. Should I germinate in the coots mix with 50% potting mix or just straight potting mix do you think?

I can report back right now because I used synthetic NPK on seedlings in my last grow, I can't remember at what stage I applied the very small mount of synthetic NPK, but probably at two weeks?. but I continued using synthetic NPK and organic blood & bone right through out vegging.

Oh ya lol I feel I should mention, I also add a mix of synthetic and organic liquid fertilizers at the same time.
organic worm casting and bat guano tea, organic seaweed blend
Actually organic banana peel powder
Fox Farms Grow Big -(not these at
FloraNova Bloom - the same time)
and cal mag if ever need be.
That’s gotta say a lot I think
I thought you can't mix synthetic fertilizers with organic fertilizers??

I thought you can't mix synthetic fertilizers with organic fertilizers??
You can.... not sure why you wood want to tho.

I just stick with organic.

I sprout seeds in a cup of water.
When they get tails I put them in peat pellets on a heat mat.
When the roots show thru the peat, they go into solo cups in soil.
You can use the new coots mix for that. You only need a few cups worth.

Coteledons are how the plant grows roots as a seedling. They are the first 2 leaves that sprout and are different looking that the first set of true leaves. They dont look like cannabis leaves.

They are the round first leaves in this pic:

1627435460782.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom