Can I go from veg in coco coir to flower in soil?

Sliknik

I have a small problem on my hands, I have an 4x8 tent and I started about 18 seeds without knowing the seedling process and how huge they would grow. I forgot to mention this is my first grow, well the ladies look beautiful but I ran out of room, at best I can fit 12, 5 gallon smart pots in my 2 3x3 trays.

Out of the 18 seeds I started 17 made it through veg, now I want to switch to flower but I have 5 ladies that have no room for growth. I have another closet to use, but this one is soil only. My question is, when I transplant to a 5 gallon smart pot, can I sprinkle in my great white and transplant to soil? And if this is possible do my ph ranges change? Or can I transplant and keep the 5 in veg until they survive the shock.....if they can

I appreciate all advice as I am new to this, but loving it!!!

That should work and you has to treat it like soil after transplant.
But I would let them in coco, set them in the soil closet and don't tell the other girls:cheesygrinsmiley:

No problem at all, although I'd try to talk you into switching that soil closet to coco as well, but since I'm not going to try to talk you into that, what I do when I need to switch to soil from coco for outdoor plants is just transplant them into soil. I prune the roots a bit depending on how the roots look. Maybe give them one or two more waterings of the PH 5.8 coco food then switch to the PH 6.5 regimen that you probably have in the soil closet.

They'll be fine after the transplant even if you switch to PH 6.5 right away. Either way, don't worry, just transplant them.

Or do what Darkgrow says above. I've seen people feed PH 6.5 to coco with fine results, although I wouldn't.

Back
Top Bottom