Can I still set up a trellis net?

BBD32

I had my plants in veg for 3 months and just switched to 12/12 a few days ago. I was wondering if my plants would still grow enough to set up a trellis net. Also, my plants range from 30"-56". However they are in 5 gallon pots and the m3 soil im using compacted so there is more like 3-4 gallons of soil. Is transplanting them a must? Will becoming root bound cost me?

Here is how my roots look now

IMG_20150606_133409981_HDR.jpg
IMG_20150606_133221282_HDR.jpg

They absolutely will grow enough to get through the netting (assuming they experience a normal bloom cycle). And they will thank you for the support it provides them. just subbed your journal.

Until it gets really bad, a plant being root bound is not really a bad thing unless you are planning on transplanting. I find that a small amount of root bound-ness is helpful for optimal water/nutrient uptake

Give that plant in the background some water I can hear her screaming from here! :yikes:

1. upcan those? yes do it. If you were feeding several times a day on a coco drip, maybe not (relatively small rootbound pots seem to work well in coco as long as feedings are kept up, but this has more to do with the similarties to hydro than any sort of soil gardening), but with soil your flowers will love the energy brought in from new dirt.

2. trelis: also yes. First 3 weeks after flip are trelis time. I like to push the "stretch" under the net so as to achieve a flat sea of green.

Give that plant in the background some water I can hear her screaming from here! :yikes:

lol... They definitely went a too long without. But are much happier now. Will be putting some new pics in my journal either tomorrow or friday.

Going to be transplanting and setting up the net this weekend. Thanks for all the input.

Back
Top Bottom