Can I grow a 3ft plant with one or two 14 Watt LEDs?

whodunit

asking those who have tried these crappy things i would go for the 90w ufo but the funds r tight at moment

so can 1 or 2x of the 14w led lights grow a plant?

im aiming for a 3ft plant

Re: can a single or 2x 14w led grow light grow a 3ft plant

It probably can but not very well. A 3ft plant will need lots of intense light to penetrate that far down. The lower growth would be terribly weak.

Re: can a single or 2x 14w led grow light grow a 3ft plant

what if i had 3x of the 14w leds ............ one on top and one on each side or should i just purchase 1 90w ufo led

any reply is a good reply so please shed some knowledge on me

Aim for 4000 lumens minimal per square foot so I'd say if it grows 3 foot by 3 foot that's 3x3 =9 then 9x 4000 =36000 lumens so if u buy the small cfl bulbs at 6000 lumens you would need 6 bulbs around the plant, I could be wrong but I'm only trying to help. :)

Those 14 watt led's are barely enough to get clones going, even then it struggles. I have a couple of them that I use for seedlings. I bought them before I knew what I needed. I would get a 400w hps/mh miminum. That way you will have excellent light penetration. If you are dead set on LED's Mars II led's are pretty good for the money. If on a budget and dont mind used, check Craigslist.

Back
Top Bottom