Can I Scrog one but not all?

vickg35

I am wanting to learn the Scrog method and was wonder can I scrog 1 plant in my current grow? I've been watching videos and it seems like a plant you are scrogging should veg longer then you average growing plant? I want to try scroggin one plant and growing my other plants freely. Any other tips with help, thanks in advance guys!

Yes absolutely you can scrog one plant. I have 8 fairly large plants growing at the moment and each one has it's own scrog. At various times I've had a mix of scrog/natural plants.
You need to either put that plant in one dedicated area under a screen and let it grow up into the screen, never to be moved from the spot again till harvest- or you need to build a mobile screen system attached to the plant on question. I have 8 mobile scrog screens. I'm using large (10 gallon) pots and I just jam four aluminium rods (arrow shafts) into the soil. Each shaft supports one corner of the screen frame above, and is attached to the rectangular frame by cable clamps (plastic loops which can be tightened/ loosens to allow adjustment of the screen height. I've had a couple different systems. It's not difficult and doesn't have to be fancy.
Other people have made frames for scrog screen out of PVC pipe. I used wood. .
Yeah it takes a bit longer. But basically you are cramming a large plant into a small space. Vertical growth is trained horizontally- so a plant that might be 5 or 6 feet tall might be only 14" or 18" high, or less. The topping/ training does slow a plant a bit- but you do end up with much better use of the available space and light, IMO.
Hope this helps. Any questions just fire away. I'm no expert but it's generally not rocket science. I can dig you up some links and pics

Back
Top Bottom