Can NE 1 explain the effects of smoking cannabis on ur teeth?

BWC BayArea

Member of the Month: 3rd Place Winner
Wondering the effects of cannabis on the teeth and mouth? Besides the obvious browning of teeth and purple/dark lips and gums. Prolonged, daily use. Mainly blunts, 1-5 a day. Floss almost daily, brush twice a day. Any dentists, hygienists, or assistants that may know, ur response is welcomed as is anyone who experienced any oral complications resulting from smoking.

Im no dentest, but a strong mouthwash [out of a chemist] after brushing keeps my teeth looking well and im a very heavy smoker, cannabis and tobaco. also had a bit of gum desiese, it was like a hole in my gum above my two front teeth and the dentist said it would not heal wile smoking (bad times), it was just getting larger until i started useing a strong mouthwash witch sorted it out completly (good times).

I'm not a dentist either lol, but I use whitening mouthwash every morning, and brush once or twice a day with whitening toothpaste and my teeth look and feel great!

Wondering the effects of cannabis on the teeth and mouth? Besides the obvious browning of teeth and purple/dark lips and gums. Prolonged, daily use. Mainly blunts, 1-5 a day. Floss almost daily, brush twice a day. Any dentists, hygienists, or assistants that may know, ur response is welcomed as is anyone who experienced any oral complications resulting from smoking.

Did you ever get any additional FB on this? I'm curious too and you said "Besides the obvious browning of teeth and purple/dark lips and gums." I was curious if this was something you found somewhere that said this was a side effect of prolonged use, or something that you were personally noticing yourself. TIA.

I am not sure about an answer either since I don't smoke cannabis but I do use Crest Whitening strips every day & they work great on my coffee/tea/occasional cigar stains.

Additional Feedback

Did you ever get any additional FB on this? I'm curious too and you said "Besides the obvious browning of teeth and purple/dark lips and gums." I was curious if this was something you found somewhere that said this was a side effect of prolonged use, or something that you were personally noticing yourself. TIA.

Something I noticed myself. Purpling of lips\gums is a tell tale of a smoker. Then yellowing\browning of the teeth. As far as additional feedback, u are the aditional feedback.

Re: Additional Feedback

Something I noticed myself. Purpling of lips\gums is a tell tale of a smoker. Then yellowing\browning of the teeth. As far as additional feedback, u are the aditional feedback.

I guess I'm kind of curious to follow along from what other people say... and also to know if they are cig smokers too (or have ever been). My teeth aren't perfectly white, but I used to smoke cigs. I know the years I spent doing that is what made them discolor. I'm just curious if smoking pot will add to further discoloration, or if it is any different... Sorry to just tag along onto your post and start rambling!

Pot will add a new tone to the discoloration. In fact each strain colors your teeth differently so be sure to wash the smoke over all of your teeth or you will end up with a rainbow smile. The people in the photos below spent two years growing and smoking nothing but blueberry. The smoker on the bottom smile was careful to get the smoke to every tooth while the smoker on the top was sloppy and got uneven discoloration ;)

images.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom