Can someone please help

SublimeSmoker

Ok so I have added pictures now. My plants are 3 weeks old and these were taken last week. The prob seems to consist. I have 11 plants under a 400 watt MH for now. I will add more lights when it's time. I use fox farm ocean forest and haven't added any nutes. My pH is right below 7 on every single plant even the ones that don't show any signs of problems. The leaves start browning at the tips and start on the oldest fan leaves. It has jumped from one plant to the other. I don't see any bugs and this prob seems to take over the leaves. Brown blotchy spots. Someone please help me with this. I am driving myself nuts trying to figure this out. Thanks guys.

Oh yea some of the leaves start pointing up and twisting at the tips almost like a MG deficiency... Could this be possible with fox farms soil and at such a young age?

Ok so I just looked at a couple leaves I cut from a plant under a 100x luminator and it looks like trichomes on the leaves... could this be a bug prob that I just can't see. I have seen what looks like 2 gnats in the room. Should I use dawn in a spray bottle just in case it is a prob.

If you want to be preventative them get some neem oil and mix it with equal part of organic dish soap. then fill with water and spray then spray both top and bottom side of leaf. That will definately take care of if it is mites. But if u get an infestation like i did u will know. There will be webbing and small little orange specs on the underside of leaf. Get a magnifing glass or jewelers microscope and inspec the leaves. repeat the neem oil spray every few days to keep them away.

Exactly. Assuming you're in veg and there are no trichs spider mites sounds about right. Like Twinkie said, get some neem oil. I mix mine with Protekt instead of dish soap.

And def spray again in a few days to kill the eggs that have hatched.

Or you can pull out the nukes and get Floramite and Avid. Deadly combination for really bad infestations. Long sleeve shirt/pants + respirator required, nasty stuff but you can kiss spider mites bye bye in one thorough application. Try neem first lol.

Oh, and SNS 217 works wonders, too. Comes in a spray bottle ready to use. Great for small gardens. Would cost a million dollars to do any sizable garden, though, imo.

:peace:

I see no pics? lease post them here...

From what you stated it seems you have a PH issue plus a possible over nutes issue..?

Fox farms is a great medium.. but I had massive PH fluctuations when I used it.. test the water that comes out after watering.. my bet is its higher than 7?

Your not seeing any pests.. so thats not your problem.. oh and if you do.. I have used mighty wash with great success.. remarkable stuff.

Fox farms is a great medium.. but I had massive PH fluctuations when I used it...

Which is why you should use dolomite lime with your FFOF......

or,or,or... simply switch to a differnt medium.. ;)

Ready grow, moisture formula.. every day waterings.. add your own nutes..

I really do like fox farms for what it is.. an easy to use vegging mix.. still using it for clones..in cups.. when ready for transplanting to 7 or 10 gallon smart pots... then I switch off to the ready grow.. zero PH fluctuations.. just my prefrence...

Love your posts Brother

Back
Top Bottom