Can you help me with diagnosis? - Pics

Joebob69

image32518.jpg
image32519.jpg

Can someone help me diagnose this? I'm suspecting nute burn but not sure..I flushed it today btw.

Strain - northern lights auto
Ph-6-6.5(haven't tested runoff)
Soil- not sure, it's a garden soil I had left over from my vegetable garden I bought at a nursery, I am currently growing photos in same soil with no problems but it did start out a little hot with them also..
Nutes-gh 3part but I haven't added any nutes yet, just water
Plant is around 25 days old I believe.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Ya I would say nute burn id back off a little and give plain ph'ed water for atleast a couple waterings to be safe. Thankfully it's light nute burn could have been worse

That's what I'm thinking also... It's just weird that I haven't fed it any nutes, just water, 25 days in and it's just now showing signs of nute burn...I would think if the soil was too hot then it would have showed up earlier...

Hmmm ya that is a bit odd but the only thing I can think of is that your soil must have slow release nutes in it. Back when I first started growing i used MG soil and everything went fine for awhile then I started getting burns. I relize your not using MG soil but it reminded me of my experience with it

Hmmm ya that is a bit odd but the only thing I can think of is that your soil must have slow release nutes in it. Back when I first started growing i used MG soil and everything went fine for awhile then I started getting burns. I relize your not using MG soil but it reminded me of my experience with it

Yea I'm not sure about any slow release nutes in it, but it's definitely not mg soil. I just want to make sure it's some sort of toxicity instead of some sort of deficiency.

Also a couple of the lower leaves are starting to turn a little yellow? What causes that? This is my first time growing autos and they are def more temperamental than photos..

Well I haven't grown autos but usually if the oldest/lowest leaves are yellowing it indicates nitrogen deficiency. So I was looking at your pictures again and I screwed up so I wanna say sorry for that guess i didn't realize it was towards the bottom i just saw the yellow tips and thought nute burn but that is usually on the newest growth and yours is at the bottom. Im thinking definitely nitrogen deficiency so sorry for screwing up.

Well I haven't grown autos but usually if the oldest/lowest leaves are yellowing it indicates nitrogen deficiency. So I was looking at your pictures again and I screwed up so I wanna say sorry for that guess i didn't realize it was towards the bottom i just saw the yellow tips and thought nute burn but that is usually on the newest growth and yours is at the bottom. Im thinking definitely nitrogen deficiency so sorry for screwing up.

Oh no biggie, it's all good, Its not your fault by no means...To me it looks like nitrogen deficiency on the lower leaves and nute burn on the leaf tips but I don't know how that could be...I guess I could give it some N and see what happens....

Ya i agree. I hear autos are pretty finicky infact i have seen people say they aren't new grower friendly. I like my photo period plants they give me time to do what I want to do and allow me to correct any mistakes i may make where as from what I've read autos don't leave much room for error and if the error is big enough it can hurt your yield. Not saying you made a big error tho. Either way I hope you can get this under control and good vibes your way and best wishesfor your girl

I appreciate it! I'm approaching harvest on my photos so I decided to start an auto and see what they were all about. I've heard they are a little tougher to grow in soil and I am finding out that is very true haha.. Thanks for the input!

Has your humidity or temp changed recently? There could be several factors at play. If your humidity stays constant and your temp rises those babies are going to "vent" /breath a lot more meaning drawing up more nute enriched fluids through the roots that can cause nute burn where it had not befor. Same can be true for constant temp and decreased humidity. Lower leaves are going to yellow. Might not be a deficiency.

Has your humidity or temp changed recently? There could be several factors at play. If your humidity stays constant and your temp rises those babies are going to "vent" /breath a lot more meaning drawing up more nute enriched fluids through the roots that can cause nute burn where it had not befor. Same can be true for constant temp and decreased humidity. Lower leaves are going to yellow. Might not be a deficiency.

I don't think so, not any more than normal at least..my humidity is usually between 40-60 and temps usually stay around 72-82... I still haven't figured it out, but I'm going to give it its first watering with nutes tonight and see where that goes...

Just keep the nutes light. Less than the recommended on the package. Pluck off the leaves that are more than 50% yellow and keep an eye on the new growth. Not a severe case it doesn't look like so you will be ok if u don't go overboard on nutes. I recently did a test just to see how far I could go with feedings and found that just slightly more than the package recommendation burnt the living crap outta the experimental plants so now I know and am comfortable with about half to 3/4 of the recommended dose. Maybe less in the winter when my humidity drops.

Just keep the nutes light. Less than the recommended on the package. Pluck off the leaves that are more than 50% yellow and keep an eye on the new growth. Not a severe case it doesn't look like so you will be ok if u don't go overboard on nutes. I recently did a test just to see how far I could go with feedings and found that just slightly more than the package recommendation burnt the living crap outta the experimental plants so now I know and am comfortable with about half to 3/4 of the recommended dose. Maybe less in the winter when my humidity drops.

Thanks! I actually decided not to give it any nutes yet... New growth still looks like it has a slight burn to me...is it ok to pluck the leaves even though it's an auto? Thanks

Sure you can, especially if they are dying off. Aggressive pruning/plucking is a highly debated topic. I have been experimenting with booths ways. One way is letting the plant go 100% natural not plucking anything or changing a thing and the other way I have been pruning everything except the main colaand the three or four nodes under it and taking off even the fan leaves on those nodes twice through out flowering. What I have found so far is that my yields are about the same both ways. The first way,all natural I end up with a smaller main cola and a ton of popcorn buds and the second way I end up with a huge main cola and just a handful of smaller but still good size buds on the three or four nodes left on the plant. The final weights were about equal. The HUGE deciding factor for me to be heavy plucker is trimming a handful of larger buds is a million times easier than trimming than dozens of little popcorn buds. I am working with a happy medium right now of about 6 or so nodes left on my plants and heavy plucking of fans up to the top twoish nodes . I grow in a SOG style so this works out well so far for me. It would be good to hear from others on the topic too.

Ok firstly thank for the reply mate, so it's a fairly new set up and to be honest I should of spent more time getting it ready but there in there now so just got to get it sorted lol... Ok so the temps are reaching 30's and this is causing the soil to dry out and making me think they need water lol so I admit I have watered most days but not a lot I have 9 plants and in total I give them 2 litres between the lot.... I know I should be waiting a couple days at least untill watering and I am now going to do that, they are looking a lot healthier today so I'm gonna hold back with the water and see how they go... I will post more pics when I can access my pc :) thanks bud

Back
Top Bottom