What is wrong with my plants?

Joebob69

They're about 2 weeks old. Not sure of strain, bag seeds..this is my first grow btw..the hottest they've got is 86f, but stay around 81-82 and stay around 65% humidity..they're planted in some good garden soil I bought from a local nursery to do my outside raised bed garden(vegetables are growing great in it). I haven't started nutes yet. Just been giving them water with ph around 7...it looks like a couple of them have heat stress but I'm not sure..the main one I'm worried about is pic 1, the leaves are growing into almost a "U" shape and it looks totally different than the rest. I am using the reflector series Mars hydro 300 and supplementing it with some cfls...I'm planning on getting more light...anyway please let me know what you think. Thanks! 1
image27454.jpg

image27453.jpg

image27452.jpg

image27451.jpg

What is the medium?

I think it might be nutrient burn in that case. Not only does the soil look a little dense for cannabis, but if you don't know what's in it, then it's a possibility your soil is very rich in nutrients and meant more for plants with well established root systems.

EDIT: If that's the case, you'll just have to wait it out and see if the plant survives because you can't really transplant at this point. It looks like some of them are doing fine so maybe they will all get over it?

It's good to note your most robust seeds as those will generally be the best performing during the flower cycle

I think it might be nutrient burn in that case. Not only does the soil look a little dense for cannabis, but if you don't know what's in it, then it's a possibility your soil is very rich in nutrients and meant more for plants with well established root systems.

It is a composted type top soil..like people buy to put in raised gardens and such...I don't think they add nutrients to it but I could be wrong! My garden is growing crazy in it.....so should I try transplanting them into something else?! Thanks

EDIT: If that's the case, you'll just have to wait it out and see if the plant survives because you can't really transplant at this point. It looks like some of them are doing fine so maybe they will all get over it?

It's good to note your most robust seeds as those will generally be the best performing during the flower cycle

What kind of water are you giving it?

Tap water. Ph about 7. Our water comes from a man made lake around here. Do you think they will recover if I transplant into something else or should I just start over? They seem to be growing pretty slow too..

Is the water treated? If it is, it might have chloramines or other things in it that would negatively affect the seedlings.

I think it would just stress them out more if you transplanted or tried to remove them from the soil. I would just wait it out and maybe pop some more seeds too and plant them in something with minimal nutrients until they get about two or three nodes tall.

EDIT:You could try giving them a large amount of water all at once (3-5x the pot size).

im not sure... It is a community water system so I'm gonna say it is..probably has chlorine and such in it..what should I be using? Thanks for the advice btw..

im not sure... It is a community water system so I'm gonna say it is..probably has chlorine and such in it..what should I be using? Thanks for the advice btw..

At the very least, you should be letting the water sit in an open container like a bucket or pitcher for 24 hours before using it. After 24 hours, knock the side of the container to release the bubbles. If you can get distilled water from the store for a decent price, you could use that too. Or install a carbon filter on the tap you'll be using to get water for the plants, it'll slow your filling rate by alot but you'll be able to use the water immediately (while it's still cold and oxygenated).

Ok I will try those things and check back in a few days! Thanks for your help!

No problem. Looking forward to the update.

Looks like a soil issue or ph issue to me, probably soil issue since it showed up so quickly. I'd figure out exactly what is in that soil asap and go from there

Thanks...sadly I think I'm just going to dump everything, get some different soil and figure out my water better and then start over...these were bag seeds so there's no telling what I have..plus they have been taking forever to grow..think I'll order some seeds and start fresh...

Back
Top Bottom