60% coco coir 30% perlite 10% clay balls
20 ltr pots
1x 600w at the moment
it is air cooled got fan that extracts the whole room in around 120 seconds
27 degrees
45-55% RH
dont know PH
2 meter by 2 meter tent
using coca a & b ,Rhizo and superthrive 7ml of A&B 40 ml of rhizo and few drops of superthirve in 10 ltrs of water.

watering ever 2-3 days but i did have them in 1ltr pots for 1 week :welcome:
photo_2_110.jpg

photo_3_111.jpg

photo_4_111.jpg

photo_5223.jpg

I think it's because coco is a soiless medium, in that it does not store nutes the way soil does. When you water, it may suspend in the coco mix, but it's not absorbed in the coco like soil absorbs water. So the plant needs the nute/water to be at the right ph vs the ph of nutes in soil.

I'm not a botanist, nor do I grow in coco. But driving past the holidayinn express, that kind of jumped out and stuck to my windshield. :D

-edit- Ha! late, but most explantitory response! (though I am interested if my hypothesis of why is correct or not ) But Bobrock, what you are going through right now, is exactly what I went through regarding mysterious failing health of my first grow. What you need to do, now that you know the ranges for ph you need, is to make sure at some point, you are feeding at 5.6, not just at 5.8 or more. By the chart, you can see that Mn is locked out above ph of 5.6, and if you don't give the plant some food at 5.6, you will show a Mn deficiency down the road. Mixing your solution to 5.6 every now and then is much easier than trying to match your plant to pictures in a diagnosis thread.

I thought it had to be around 6.5 for coco? as it is soil,Thank you

coco is NOT soil... it has no organics in it to break down against the acids in the water. Everything you get in your nutrients has to be broken down by a slightly more acidic mix than you would use in soil. 5.1 - 6.3 is your range, and the tricky thing about coco is that the pH doesn't drift as much as in many soilless mediums, and you sometimes have to manually drift your pH through the range, watering one time at 5.4 to pick up the micronutrient minerals, and then the next time adjusting to 5.7 to pick up the macro nutrients.

So the ph of my water was 7.4 when i added nutes so i put it down to 5.8 and gave a feed after closer look the main stems are also red i dont thin its gentics

i was just watering from the top every 3-5 days waiting till the top few inch was dry but i bottom fed them around 3 days ago my concern is that they have not grown much at all all the leave dont seem to be growing wide just long and thin and lime green
How often do you water?

Long thin leaves could just be the strain. Pale green is usually a nitrogen deficiency. I'm not a soil grower so take this with a grain of salt. Hopefully someone else can add their experience. I still think it might be over watered. There has been a lot written about watering by weight when growing in soil. You can search in the forums and find it. Good luck I hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom