Help - What is wrong with my plants?

Heres what you can do.

FLUSH the salts out of the soil. If in a 5 gallon pot then flush with at least 10 gallons of water. After that 10 gallons runs through the soil and cleans out the salts then take 1 more gallon of water and add 1/2 strength nutes to it and feed. Then let the plant dry. After a flush it will take quite a while to get dry.

Its good practice to flush with 3 times the pot capacity in water. So if in a 1 gallon pot then flush with 3 gallons of water. If in a 3 gallon pot flush with 9 gallons of water. Add 1/2 strength nutes to the last gallon and let dry.
Your plants will be pissed and leaves probably saggy for a day but after that they will start to perk up and look better.
Ok

The only thing to fear is bad weed

Ok

By the way. You can use tap water for the flush but I would highly suggest using a gallon of distilled for the last gallon with the 1/2 strength nutes in it. pH it after you add the nutes to about 6.5.

By the way. You can use tap water for the flush but I would highly suggest using a gallon of distilled for the last gallon with the 1/2 strength nutes in it. pH it after you add the nutes to about 6.5.
Ok but would it be mandatory to do a flush?

Does the salt build up turn into like flakes stuff in the soil and in the bottom of the pot?

At the bottom of the pot it could build up like that but you usually cant see it in the soil.

Ya know to be honest I give advice on what to do to fix the problem and get second guessed on everything. The water on the leaves while lights are on, the taking off leaves that dont look good enough, flushing salts out.....I get it, you want to help your plants. I explained why to flush didn't I? To get all the salts out I thought I said. Your killing them slowly with love.
No, a flush isnt mandatory, you can let the problems persist all you would like.
Ive given a ton of sound advice so now it's up to you.

420-magazine-mobile1873390185.jpg
almost done flushing these 2

flushing is a pain but when needs to be done it needs be done...

I considered getting larger drip-catch containers for my girls to make flushing easier when it needed to be done, but I soon discovered that my square 2 gal pots seems to rest perfectly in 5 gal buckets and keeps them at the same distance to the lights as the plant in the 5 gal DWC bucket...I should figure out how to link my grow journal in my sig maybe?

A while for all 3 but I might of over done it or under done it

So now youre unsure if you under flushed them? After I told you how much water to run through them. Its very easy to get an old milk jug or something and refill it so you know how much water you ran through them.
Anyways, as long as you flushed them well enough the leaves will probably all sag down for a day maybe 2.
Did you give pH'ed half strength nutes to a gallon of "good" water at the end of the flush?

So now youre unsure if you under flushed them? After I told you how much water to run through them. Its very easy to get an old milk jug or something and refill it so you know how much water you ran through them.
Anyways, as long as you flushed them well enough the leaves will probably all sag down for a day maybe 2.
Did you give pH'ed half strength nutes to a gallon of "good" water at the end of the flush?
I don't have a ph Mette but I used ph water

There is absolutely NO difference in showing them for 10 minutes or 30 minutes. Their is no such thing as "super over watered" the soil only holds so much. The point here is while we know it will overwater them its better for them in the long run because youre getting the salts out if the soil.

I think I flushed them properly 5he small ones I gave at least 2 gallons each and the big 1 is gave at least 8 gallons

Back
Top Bottom