Can you say PM?

Scottsquatch

Well, we had a bit of a power outage and a seriously wet basement. I rely on several fans and a vent to keep the air exchange going down there. When you combine that with the hotter than normal temps in my basement this summer, it was the perfect storm for Powder Mildew. I treated them last night with the 40:60 milk to water solution. That's always worked well for me with my squash and melons, so we will see how it goes. I plan on applying it three times 3 days apart. If that doesn't do it, I'll try a peroxide solution. Anybody ever have good luck with that technique? If so, I'd like to hear about it. Until then, keep it green my friends.

If those things fail to work (or to completely work), one of our sponsors, Sierra Natural Science, sells anti-fungal products in addition to the bug and nutrient stuff.

Sulfur burner... thank me later. It not only gets rid of your PM but its helpful for plant growth as well.

This time of year I'd always get PM haven't seen any since I've been using the vaporizer.

I'll have to check those out. Do you know if any of our sponsors sell them?

They aren't that easy to find but google is your friend. Should be able to find one for $80 if you get one, get the smallest sulfur prill they sell.

Its an element and >99% pure so not much gets vaporized. I got a 3 lifetime supply at 4# bag. It melts then hardens melts hardens... a very tiny amount gets in the air. Bye bye any pest even gets rid of mice they hate that stuff. Just about any pest.
Read the instructions very important.

@bobrown14. Did you get the aluminum burner garbage can looking thing? Do you have a pic? I finally found one available in the US, but wanted to make sure I was getting the right item first. Thanks.

Yes... not nearly as big as a garbage can but looks like one. They are about 1/2 gal size can with a tray inside that holds the sulfur cup hang good plug in... plants will love you.

I found that a lot of the store bought PM treatments killed hairs when sprayed on plants in flower. The buds never formed well after it. What worked for me was bleach water. I TBLS of bleach to a 32 oz sprayer fill the rest with water. It kills PM on contact so you need to spray the whole plant. Don't forget the underside of all the leaves and the stems. All the bleach evaporates and is gone in a day or 2.

None of my plants were ever affected in any way from the the bleach water. I had PM bad in all my tents if it wasn't for the bleach water I would have lost a bunch of buds.

Going forward. PM affects mostly the leaves. If it can be killed or controlled it shouldn't effect your buds. I Started washing buds when I had the PM. It is something to consider come harvest time.

Back
Top Bottom