Canada you beauty

Funny. I half expected to go outside to grab the newspaper and see clouds of smoke. Only smoke I saw was my own. Haha. I've been legal for a while now and have grown my first legal crop. Now almost anyone can grow a legal crop. Quebec and Manitoba excluded...until there is a legal challenge I believe.
The funny thing is, there is a belief that everyone will start growing. Don't think so. And many who do will do so without proper guidance and research and ultimately fail.
There may be a market helping people get started.

To call the Canadian situation "legalization" is an overstatement, but that is the term used. "Regulation" would be a more accurate term, depending on which province. By the way, the situation is a mess in various provinces because Junior didn't give the provinces and the industry enough time to organize their thing. Ontario's situation right now is a disaster.

Everyone I know personally thinks it just ruined the prices for all the people who were already growing. It was perfect before: slightly illegal and nicely profitable.

To call the Canadian situation "legalization" is an overstatement, but that is the term used. "Regulation" would be a more accurate term, depending on which province. By the way, the situation is a mess in various provinces because Junior didn't give the provinces and the industry enough time to organize their thing. Ontario's situation right now is a disaster.

Everyone I know personally thinks it just ruined the prices for all the people who were already growing. It was perfect before: slightly illegal and nicely profitable.

Don’t blame Trudeau for incompetence at the provincial or municipal level. They had years to get their shit together. Years. Probably conservative feet draggers. Legalization is the accurate statement.

In 6 months, maybe a year, things will be smoothed out. I don’t give a rats ass about illegal growers complaining about the new reality. The people got what they wanted; the ability to grow, purchase, and carry cannabis. Can’t really argue with many of the laws to regulate it.

Legalization doesn’t mean free for all, anything goes.

I would argue that fear mongering from cannabisculture, which is the media arm of those in Vancouver benefitting from illegal cannabis dispensaries, needs to be taken into consideration when reading that article. Not to mention their own political agenda.

Full legalization has taken place since that article. An article in today’s newspaper is talking about those very shops, in that the mayor elect has clearly stated that Vancouver will not be agressively attacking illegal shops until legalization has had a chance. Which also means there are shops that never closed, and still haven’t been busted as that article claims would happen.

Vancouver won't 'bust heads' over illicit pot shops, small grows: mayor-elect

I question anyone’s motive when complaining about the current legalization. I can smoke cannabis, carry cannabis, grow cannabis, give it to friends, and not worry about the law. Outside of that, the issues at hand are business related, and if you want to do business...follow the rules.

I have zero sympathy for businesses who were operating illegally, and now complain that they are being unfairly treated.

Trudeau changed 100 years of cannabis prohibition in a few short years, despite pressure from the US and international community. He gets my respect, and the credit due to that monumental undertaking.

""Full legalization has taken place.....""

Full?? Can you legally grow ten plants in your back yard and carry three ounces to your sister's house as a gift? No; each household can grow four plants and each person over 18 can carry 30 grams on your person. It is illegal to grow more or possess more carry more. Those may be the most brilliant or enlightened pot laws in the world, or not, but it is not on to refer to that as "full legalization." It is very restricted 'legalization,' right or wrong, for better or worse.

The penalties for being outside the limits: from tickets to 14 years in jail.

The government's own site: Cannabis Legalization and Regulation

""Full legalization has taken place.....""

Full?? Can you legally grow ten plants in your back yard and carry three ounces to your sister's house as a gift? No; each household can grow four plants and each person over 18 can carry 30 grams on your person. It is illegal to grow more or possess more carry more. Those may be the most brilliant or enlightened pot laws in the world, or not, but it is not on to refer to that as "full legalization." It is very restricted 'legalization,' right or wrong, for better or worse.

The penalties for being outside the limits: from tickets to 14 years in jail.

The government's own site: Cannabis Legalization and Regulation

LMFAO. Ok.

How is that not full legalization? Will you get arrested for purchasing cannabis? Will you get arrested or jailed for smoking it in designated areas? Will you be assaulted and jailed for growing it in your home? Will you have a permanent record for smoking weed or growing a few plants? No. We can order it online, have it delivered to our door, or stop off at a market and browse strains and take home a bag.

You can’t sell or give to minors. You can’t drive high. You can’t walk around with pounds. You can’t have a big grow show in your house or visible to the public. Those are reasonable restrictions for the benefit of society.

The only people that are upset with this framework are the ones who want to continue to grow pounds and sell it illegally. Well I don’t give a rats ass about that. Pay taxes or pay fines or do the time. Don’t care if my sister needs 3 ounces either, she can grow her own, and it’s not as if you wouldn’t just take the 3 ounces over anyway. I don’t see everyone following the speed limit either but the rules and regulations are in place to protect us from idiots. Same goes for cannabis regulation.

To say that the legalization of cannabis in Canada is restrictive is ridiculous. Seriously laughable. I would love to hear an actual, factual, argument that outlines how the current framework is restrictive or infringes on reasonable personal rights and freedoms. I won’t hold my breath.

there is a belief that everyone will start growing. Don't think so. And many who do will do so without proper guidance and research and ultimately fail.

Nobody I've talked to since legalization... or regulation... has expressed any interest whatsoever in becoming a grower. Frankly I'm pretty surprised by that. I expected a grower on every block. I think as time goes by and people realize how much they can produce in a short time, we'll see growing become more commonplace. I think you'll see a big demand for autos as they make it easier for rookies.

To say that the legalization of cannabis in Canada is restrictive is ridiculous. Seriously laughable. I would love to hear an actual, factual, argument that outlines how the current framework is restrictive or infringes on reasonable personal rights and freedoms. I won’t hold my breath.

Well, there are clear and universally acknowledged restrictions on how much cannabis you can purchase, possess, and grow. You exceed those restrictions and you're getting charged. You'll get charged if you have it inside your car. You get caught growing more than 4 plants and you're getting charged. I don't see how you can't view that as at least mildly restrictive. It may not be restrictive to you personally, but they are restrictions nonetheless.

The black market won't miss a beat with legalization
Even when the kinks from the rollout get resolved and they can actually supply
Small home grows will undercut legal prices and still make a tidy profit
Anyone I know that consumes laughs when asked if they'll be getting their supply legally now
Other than the novelty of a first time experience purchasing weed legally
Any that I'v talked to say they'll continue to do business with their dealer

I don't think any of my friends have ordered legally since the law change. I live in Quebec and there aren't any storefront operations within 150km. I've been legally growing my own for one harvest But will run out before the next.

Funny. I half expected to go outside to grab the newspaper and see clouds of smoke. Only smoke I saw was my own. Haha. I've been legal for a while now and have grown my first legal crop. Now almost anyone can grow a legal crop. Quebec and Manitoba excluded...until there is a legal challenge I believe.
The funny thing is, there is a belief that everyone will start growing. Don't think so. And many who do will do so without proper guidance and research and ultimately fail.

I can't wait to start buying up all the cheap second hand lights lmao. still a newb myself but more than confident i'll get er down.

Well, there are clear and universally acknowledged restrictions on how much cannabis you can purchase, possess, and grow. You exceed those restrictions and you're getting charged. You'll get charged if you have it inside your car. You get caught growing more than 4 plants and you're getting charged. I don't see how you can't view that as at least mildly restrictive. It may not be restrictive to you personally, but they are restrictions nonetheless.

The laws are fine. unless you're selling it they're not gonna bother you. so happy to be able to grow a few without the worry of the door getting bashed in. My brothers entire life was destroyed over 4 plants 10 years ago. He kill himself a year ago. every time i water my plants i think about him and how i wish he was still here today to enjoy these new laws.

Back
Top Bottom