Cannabis pollen question

Silverpea

420 Member
Hi there , so I grew some seeds that came from a grow of feminized seeds were one of the plants made some pollen .

I tried to take seeds from one of the females that I was pretty sure got pollinated from a different female In hopes they would be ok .

Anyway I leaned a lesson dont even bother trying to grow seeds from hermeis lol I now have a bunch of buds filled with seed .
My plan is to make bubble hash with the whole crop ....

But this has me thinking about something eles altogether I'm hoping someone with lots of knowledge here might beable to answer....

Here it is ok .... are hermie plants that make a few balls here and there different then male plants in the way they produce pollen ? As in do they produce pollen for longer then real males ?.

Ofcoarse I have smoked plenty of buds with seeds in my day I have like 38 years experience smoking lol .

I'm wondering do male plants produce pollen for the whole season do they live as long as the females ? Or do they produce there pollen earlier and die off ?

What I'm getting at is could there be pollen in seeded buds that has not been used by the female to make seeds ? Could smoking or vaping pollinated buds cause an allergry because of any pollen ?

I read that pollen grains are aprox 25 microns which could end up in my hash ?

Anyone have any ideas ?

I've never let a male plant go long enough to fill out it's life cycle, but my buddy's male was pumping out pollen for a couple months before he chopped him. Maybe someone more experienced will have let one go through it's entire life cycle.
As to pollen in the buds you're consuming, smoking would probably destroy any pollen, and I doubt you would get enough through vaping to be a problem, especially since I wouldn't think there would be more than a trace of it. I guess it depends on whether or not you're allergic to cannabis pollen, and how bad the allergy is. My dad is allergic to a lot of different types of pollen, but had no reaction when I had a male in the house for an ill fated breeding project.

Back
Top Bottom