Cannabis Tourism In Maine: Thoughts & Ideas?

The bowl is something I was trying to figure as well. I was looking at glass water pipes because I was thinking (maybe) you could throw them in the dishwasher after each guest visit? It's been a long time since I actually bought any of this, and I see now they have silicon as well. I agree it would be nice to have a small kit that they could help themselves to (papers, tips, pipe, etc). Is there such a thing as disposable pipes?

Yes, most flea markets or Indian owned gas stations sell cheap ass $3-$5 bowls. If you drop them or look at them funny they will break but for the money they are fine for a week or so.

Ok, so if my guests find some tasty buds while they are visiting our rental, what can we offer that would make their enjoyment easier? I looked around on Amazon for a nice little "kit" which I could leave on a top shelf for the adults. RAW popped up a lot, but if there something better?

Thoughts appreciated.

Any new thoughts? Our town, like many, voted against allowing any cannabis sales/retail cult./testing. Out of over 90 guests this summer I only had one inquire! Currently putting harvest to work in oils, balms, honey, and tinctures. Plus more mason jars curing over winter for next years season.

Like any business plan, you have to identify your target market. Who tourists in your town? Why? What age group? Then you focus on what they would like. Some people love group get togethers & others would hate them. But . . . Have a joint rolling night with everybody fumbling their own. Have a concentrates night where you teach the older crew how to vape rosin. Keep some buds untrimmed & teach them how trim. Etc . . .

Ian

Agreed. I like the idea of hosting cultivation/processing classes. Doing my fall harvest was enjoyable but time consuming. I told my wife "people would pay us to do this!". Possibly holding educational seminars as well. We are near Acadia National Park so we already draw a lot of tourists. Currently there are summer/fall courses in the area that teach a myriad of skills (arts/crafts, agriculture, holistic, etc)

Arts & crafts: making cannabutter, making dry ice hash, pressing rosin with a hair press, baking 'loaded' chocolate chip cookies . . .

Ian

HaHa...Maine's governor is a rube! LePage just vetoed the bill to "regulate recreational" cannabis so that means there will be no LEGAL sales of cannabis in the State (not counting medical). Yet, Maine citizens are still free to cultivate up to six (6) flowering plants at a time. This means the neighborly barter system will be healthy for the next few years. Love it.

This is not a bad idea, but the implications arise if someone finds your stuff too strong and you end up in court because they left your premises and something happened. But if there is some sort of release they have to sign then that might clear you if anything ever did happen. Interesting concept.

This is not a bad idea, but the implications arise if someone finds your stuff too strong and you end up in court because they left your premises and something happened. But if there is some sort of release they have to sign then that might clear you if anything ever did happen. Interesting concept.
Lol. This is an old thread and I added that comment as a lark. I agree that you wouldn't want to have the person be under the influence when they leave the property! The law in Maine doesn't clearly address "bundling"...it says you can give up to 2.5 oz away (to an adult) but you can't sell it. So the saying goes....$100 farm raised eggs and free herb bundle. :)

Well I seen the date of the first post and most likely missed the connection between the Maine laws and your solution so to speak :oops:...For $100 bux (you take CDN at par?) then I'll be your first customer, but I've never smoked or rolled eggs before.

Maine politicians are like all politicians...they don't do shit and they take their time doing it. "Retail" cannabis sales in Maine were approved by a State vote...Feb 2017. The home cultivation aspect of the law was excellent: Six (6) mature plants, 12 immature plants, unlimited seedlings...PER adult (not household). So my wife and I get double that. They realized after the fact that if 4 adults are living in a single residence...well then, you have a nice little farm going! So they legislature passed a law limiting adults to 3x mature, 6x immature...still workable for me since I will just grow them bigger. Another nice part of the law is that you can grow the limit for others on your property (plants just need to be labelled with owner names and ID#). They haven't implemented this new limit yet (see above on politicians) so no drama.

BUT...Maine still has nothing in place for retail sales...politicians are fighting over who gets the money even before they figured out HOW to get them money. Maine is a lightly populated state (1.3M) and will never hit any numbers like CO, CA, NV, etc. Most people here wouldn't buy retail because the home cultivation is so easy or they know someone. Big barter culture (where I live) so we trade (as allowed by law) cannabis for all sorts of things.

The $100 eggs was a theoretical solution to tourists that are seeking retail but don't know anyone...yet want to taste the local offerings....we have a rental cottage at our farm and we get about 30 separate groups over 5 months (June-October)...last year we only had one person "inquire" and this year we already had one...

Maine law allows you to "give" to 2.5 oz...no limits on how many times, so by law I could give you 10 pounds...in 2.5 oz increments. :rofl:

This is an older thread, but still in the back of my mind. The question I have is this...what would make a holiday destination interesting to YOU involving cannabis? We are a farm on the coast of Maine (which is legal) with 2 rental accommodations. We raise pigs, chickens, bees, and, obviously, cannabis.

Maine allows you to give up to 2.5oz away, so there is no rule against a $500/night room with complimentary goodie basket. :) We are currently fully booked so this is more of an added value exercise.

Would people be interested in getting hands on? Would they want to help in a harvest? Cannabis dinners? Weedings? Etc.

I am interested to hear thoughts and to see if there is anything out there worth emulating.

Thoughts appreciated.

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom