CannaButter In 7 Easy Steps!

If you use a coffee grinder and grind it into a fine powder,it really ups the effect. There is no bud waste.

This should help out alot...

iam using 1oz for some brownies....already broke up the whole 1oz...took a while tho lol....my hands were soo green :grinjoint::grinjoint:

Hahahaha..hahaa i made this too, only using a lil bit different method with a double boiler and butter by itself, i had some trim and ground it with a coffee grinder, then added that to the melted butter and let simmer for an hour and strained out using a slotted spoon and cheesecloth container then putting the butter back on heat putting more trim in and cooking it over like that 3 times and it produced a strong smelling butter with good taste(in brownies) and a very stony high that lasted forever.
Thanks To all who gave Info

About a year ago I took some personal stash and decided to make cookies with cannabutter using the original instructions. Except I used a crock pot which worked just great, you don't have to stir at all. Just check on it once in a while to see if it's done.

But I really don't know how much an ounce is, and I don't have a scale, so I just guessed and through in a bunch of product. Anyway the cannabutter turned out great.

Then I made cookies. They turned out awful, burned on the bottom. Didn't taste that great either. So I ate half of one anyway. Then sat there for an hour wondering if what they really say about the delayed kick is true. Then I ate the other half.

I spent the rest of the night wondering if I was gonna die. Man what a ride.

I gave some to a friend (with stern warnings) who promptly took one to work and ate half of it just before lunch. He said he spent the rest of the day wondering into shops downtown, just staring at stuff. After that day, he just took nibbles.

Lessons to be learned: 1) Use a scale. 2) Have someone who bakes make your cookies.

:nicethread:

I have made canabutter out of leaves.

I have used 300g of butter and 25g of leaves stems and bud that might have been caught by my scissor, does this sound ok?

So today I was searching the web for some pointers on odorless cannabutter making (unfortunately I live in a dorm). Luckily I came across this Youtube vid:

YouTube - How to Make Canna Butter: Easy Weed Butter

Judging by the reviews it seems like the method works and is equally effective as all the others, but a preponderance of evidence can never hurt. Has anyone tried making cannabutter this way and if so how did it work for you? Seeing that its the only feasible option that I have given the circumstances, I could use a success story...or two.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

hmmmmmmmmmmm....... idk if it worked i made the butter had it on low to simmer for three hrs let it sit in the fridge for for took the butter off the top cut it out and made oatmeal cookies.... ate a half of one felt nothin just ate a whole one.... we will see....

this is all really great
i just have more question: hypothetically if i used 1lb of butter to 1oz of bud, by the end when i have that bit of cannabutter (water already strained out), does that also equal 1lb of butter?

I liked the simple method of making cannabutter but I let the butter simmer after it boiled for 3 hours. The butter smelled soooo... GOOD and tasted good. When I ate my cookies (I used the recipe from the Quaker Oats box, and way more bud that this guy had here and nothing happened. This was from a really, really good strain also. I've only eaten it in cookies before and I really don't know what I'm supposed to feel like, I ate like 6 cookies before I went to bed, nothing happened. :( Does anyone have any idea of why it maybe didn't work for me?? Help.

Maybe it's just fixing my seizures I'm having in my brain.

I think i used about 1 1/2 oz to 1 LB of butter... let it simmer about 4 hrs...Til it got really dark...I think i even added some hash..Im told it was REALLY STRONG..lol..

I really didnt feel much in the first 2 hrs, then again i seem to eat cookies at night before bed, BUT that next morning i always felt super stoney, Tired, couldnt open my eyes(didnt want to wake up) Reminded me of when i used to get SUPER stoned with friends late at night and still woke up HIGH as F&^$... I wear i felt like i smoked a HUGE blunt before bed. Maybe it depends on the strain you use, I think mine was a Hybrid..

Then again it could have a lot to do with your own tolerance...I could eat two cookies and just be tired...I gave a few cookies to friends, Some could only have a few bites, one whole cookie put them on their ASS.. They were a lil scared to try a whole cookie again..lol

Oh and i just used the Betty croker pouch of cookie mix...so easy, and tasty..
Just add butter and egg...Mix...Cook..Done...Enjoy..

Back
Top Bottom