Can't decide if I need t use the whole room or my tent - Plant count and 2000 watts

Re: Can't decide if I need t use the whole room or my tent. Plant count and 2000 watt

I just painted the room flat white. The walls look fantastic. I just have to do the ceiling now. I was gonna get panda for the floor and window. I painted the trim and door(might just throw panda on it still).

Re: Can't decide if I need t use the whole room or my tent. Plant count and 2000 watt

You can't vent directly into the attic, In winter the humidity accumulates as ice. You can place an enclosed carbon filter in the attic if you want. Use insulated duct, and vent through the soffit, maximum, or or other vents in the attic.

New_Bitmap_Image2.jpg

I used the method you had drawn up in the first image. I have duct in the highest point of room, through the lights, into the attic, into the box, out of the box and then outdoors.

I ran the lights and fan for about 4 hours. The room was 73°f - 75°f, just like the rest of my house or close enough. I should be very excited about that, right? The air feels good when I walk in. I feel a nice little room temperature breeze. I haven't even hooked up oscillating fans yet. That would bring my temps even slightly lower(?). That means I HAVE to get that speed controller that you mentioned. I feel like I can definitely afford to bring the speed down without worry about going up a couple degrees. I mean, with how good the temps are now... I should be on the right track!

I just painted the room flat white. The walls look fantastic. I just have to do the ceiling now. I was gonna get panda for the floor and window. I painted the trim and door(might just throw panda on it still).

Sounds kick ass.

I used the method you had drawn up in the first image. I have duct in the highest point of room, through the lights, into the attic, into the box, out of the box and then outdoors.

I ran the lights and fan for about 4 hours. The room was 73°f - 75°f, just like the rest of my house or close enough. I should be very excited about that, right? The air feels good when I walk in. I feel a nice little room temperature breeze. I haven't even hooked up oscillating fans yet. That would bring my temps even slightly lower(?). That means I HAVE to get that speed controller that you mentioned. I feel like I can definitely afford to bring the speed down without worry about going up a couple degrees. I mean, with how good the temps are now... I should be on the right track!

Definitely on the right track, those temps are perfect, a 12hour test will confirm but I'm not worried at all.:thumb:

An oscillating fan won't lower your temps in the room in any meaningful way, but by moving air over/around the plants it will lower temps at the canopy.

The speed controller is a good investment IMO, you are after all venting heated air from your home outside in winter, so you don't want to vent anymore than you need to and can adjust with the seasons. Make sure your ducts are well sealed at the filter box. A nice addition is a relay with two speed controls, one to slow down the fan when the lights are out and the other control for lights on.

Scaling up is a viable option, with your setup you should be able to vent four 1k lights, you may need an intake fan from the basement in summer though if your home is not air conditioned.

Back
Top Bottom