First time gorilla grow 5x5 2000w need to know if I have everything I need?

ViceCity

This is my first blog and grow so go easy and only leave comments if you want 2b helpful

I at the very least 365 days a year spend 20 on a g of loud. So that's around 7,000 a lil bit more so why the fuck shalt I not do this.

I have a list and can I get some feedback on thing I still need dont need. I have a nice budget

Right now Im only dealing with autoflowering seeds and any tips on those would be highly appreciated.

Here is my list and I'm going to starts with seed list first.

I'm sorry maybe it's a race thing but everyone I know loves diesels so I tried to focus on those first and then branch out into other strains I'm a diesel fan myself.

Oooh the smell of high octane fuel...

Russian Rocket Fuel
10x

Auto seeds Mig29
5x

Auto seeds Hijack
5x

Auto seeds Chemdog
5x

Short Stuff Onyx
5x

Short Stuff Blue Himalayan Diesel
5x

Ok now the supplies

Growzilla Dual Bulb Grow Light Reflector Air Cooled

GROW TENT — 5′ X 5′ X 6′ 11″ (W/ EXT. 7′ 11″)

Harvest Pro Red Line Dual 2x1000 Watt Switchable HPS/MH 240 Volt Ballast
$249.95

Smart Pot - 3 gal - 10"x 8.5"
5.25 x 30

Ocean Forest Organic Potting Mix - 1.5 Cu. Ft
25.95x 4

iHidro 6" Flange Hydroponics InLine Carbon Air Filter & Circular Duct Blower Fan

Plantmax 1000w HPS

Plantmax 1000w MH

FoxFarm Nutrient Trio-Soil Formula, 3 qts

GRO1 120V 8 Outlet Surge Protector Light Timer Timed Power - 15 Amp 120 Volt

Virtual Sun Garden Grow Light System Automatic Timer

Gro1 Greenhouse Indoor Weather Station

6'' x 25' Terra Duct High Grade Air Ducting For Hydroponics Fan Carbon Filter

So the whole set up is around 1700 so like I said I know numbers and that is alot fucking less than 7,000!

If anyone can clue me in to what I can expect because I can't work I have a bad back and I need all the medication I can get.

But I'm not greedy.

That is a lot of wattage for your space for a first grow. But it can be done.

Personally I would rock two 600's or one 1kw lamp in there.

Its going to take you a few grows to really get things dialed.

I will try and help if possible.

it actually is only one light if I read correctly
its a switchable ballast at 1k each for hps/mh
and his one bulb each for veg then flower
if not he needs 2 of each of those bulbs
ok I its a dual light hood meh im gonna sleep its too late

I want to say thanks homies for actually responding much thanks

hemp hog it is switchable air cooled hood it has a two light setup but I plan to run the MH first for about 3 weeks then both for about 2 weeks then the HPS to finish it off.

JJbones I plan to try to fit 20-30 3 gal pots trying the SOG approach but I saw a guy growing sativa in 2 liter bottles. They didn't look too bad but I'm not trying to go the cheap route.

1oz per plant was my goal at least. Since I'm hearing one to four a plant I'm shooting low

Should I get a 5x8 or just go with the 5x5 until I get the hang of it.

Thanks Shotta for the reply too.

I will and have no problem asking for help and what is this 1g per watt stuff.

Is it 1g per watt per plant lol that would be excellent (mr. burns voice)

Or 1g per watt of your whole setup?

If you want to run two 1000w at the same time, get the 5x9 Gorilla Grow Tent.

You'll fit about 16 plants easily in the 5x5 and around 32 in the 5x9

I'm a fan of the digital ballasts because of the dimming capabilities and also them not being so "clunky" however they are definitely more expensive then a magnetic.

Bones yea it is a digital ballast that basically two in one. 2 1000w just seems easy to switch back and forth than to have two separate ballasts.

Ok if I'm doing 16 per se would that be better yield wise than to cram 20-25 in same area using smaller containers or just focus on 16 monsters. I saw a pic of a dude that was his first grow with a shitty setup and his shit looked awesome I'm telling you very rookie but one was very impressive. I would then consider getting a 5x9.

Dude had homemade box and 3 25w cfls

But I know there are pumpkins you by at the store then there are pumpkins that are at the state fair. From what I hear more watts and tender loving care gets you state fair pumpkins right?

Well it's a magnetic ballast not digital however it's not a big deal. It will work for you.

With 16 you'll have more space for the plants to grow and not be crammed. Cramming plants can cause mold and moisture issues for the plants. Also with you 1oz per plant you'd be pulling 1 - 2 pounds depending on how big of a tent you go with.

If you're smoking around 1 - 1.5 grams per day then that one yield should take care of you for an entire year.

Oh ok that's cool if the magnetic will work thx.

Yea a lb or two will be ok every two months

5x9 I should be able to get the 3-4 lbs I guess?

But If I can get the 2 I will decide to upgrade because I would hate to upgrade to a 5x9 and have 30 something plants to only get 2 pounds. But if I can get 2 out of 16 I know I could get 4-5 with 30+

Just try to get a # a light. focus on filling the footprint of the light the best you camn.

With 2kw in soil you will need to have some experience to get 4-5 # . 3-4 is great but 2-3 is likely for your first few runs.

Focus on plant health and the rest will come.

Ok cool that's what I thought you meant. 16plants 1oz each=lb

I would be happy with that at least gives me a even goal and if I'm below I can twerk some things if I'm over I can just keep striving for perfection or whatever that is.

Another question. Is it better to have the air fan connected to scrubber in tent or have it outside the tent or have two inline fans configured some type of way

I'm carpenter illiterate by the way

Cool I know I'm more about quality than quantity and i would have 1 quality A+++ lb than 3 or 4 or some bullshit that I rushed out the pot.

Can I leave lights on 24hr for 3 or 4 weeks then switch to 18/6 or 12/12 for autos

Cool I know I'm more about quality than quantity and i would have 1 quality A+++ lb than 3 or 4 or some bullshit that I rushed out the pot.

Can I leave lights on 24hr for 3 or 4 weeks then switch to 18/6 or 12/12 for autos

theres a lot of opinion on that
too much and everyone says it works but what works for one person may not work for another id go with 18/6 for the autos
some will say 24 hrs all the way some say 12 hrs
I think its strain dependent

Ok cool sounds like a good medium 18/6.

What I'm hearing is I can accumulate a bunch of info and it all can be good but I will only truly understand after my first grow and that's wassup

But I will be setting up everything once it arrives and do a journal cause I feel like a rookie and just want a chance to show myself it can be done.

What would be a good number of plants I never need to exceed past and of course I know one is exceeding but one and how many are the max that I don't need to exceed

I like to know limits

limits vary by location
some places are illegal still you need to find out the laws in your area if that's what your referring to?
if its for personal reason just not to have too many to handle at once that would be at your discretion
I would stagger your start times so if the first one doesn't do too well you have one not far behind or whenever you have one not doing so good you have something to replace it
don't forget to put a link in your sig so we all can follow your journal:thumb:

Hemphog... thanks for the info so here is what I came up with from my cousin who is a lawyer

Well in the state of North Carolina 1 1/2oz up to 10 pounds is the same charge it doesn't matter in manufacture, possession or sale and deliver.

NC has a weed tax and you can buy stamps from the capital building but that is pretty much putting urself on the grid mainstream. And they are very expensive.

But thanks for info and I am in process of looking at ur journals and I will ask plenty of questions in the next few weeks.

I thought about 60 day wonder myself

Back
Top Bottom