2nd Grow wondering if I have everything I need

think I see a tile floor, might help to put 3/4 inch layer of sheet foam insulation dow or to elevate entire tent on a wood pallet or two.

what’s under the tile floor? Is it 2X10 wood framed floor system or a concrete slab? An indoor slab stays about 55 degrees in winter & jumps to 56 degrees in summer, this can cause cold feet and suck the warmth out of rootball….

I have red lights on my plugs. And a blue one on my dehumidifier can’t say it’s ever caused me any issues. Wouldn’t worry to much. Not like plants out side turn male after seeing the moon or the odd light.

The light intensity at distance from the moon is negligible ad it is reflected light. Not so with led. It has been linked to plants going hermi. That's one reason we use light tight tents. Putting light in there during lights out cant do any good but could cause harm. So why do it.

No worries, most excellent - but if there is carpet, hardwood or vinyl over a concrete slab then cold feet can still get ya

ran over 200 plants at a throw on concrete. nothing on it but floor paint. not one issue. we preferred to run on concrete as it is the best surface for maintenance. some stuff is far too over wrought by internet influenced poor info.

Yea my temps average 72-80 during day but they drop to 67 overnight while lights are off because I don't have enough room on my power strip to constantly run my heater but I have a new one coming so it won't be a problem for to much longer Thanks for all the help guys.

Yea my temps average 72-80 during day but they drop to 67 overnight while lights are off because I don't have enough room on my power strip to constantly run my heater but I have a new one coming so it won't be a problem for to much longer Thanks for all the help guys.

67 isn't bad at all and plants naturally have a cooler period at night. many develop better with one.

013 is referring to the ability of raw concrete to actually take or drain heat away from stuff that rests on top of, or against it. a simple concrete or floor paint is usually enough to nullify most of the effect. elevating the plants a couple inches negates it entirely, ie - plant stands or dollies for draining / moving.

concrete is probably my favorite surface for a growing floor. it's impervious to any issue that can arise as a result of any media, dirt, hydro, etc. plus it's easy to clean up when the inevitable fuck up happens. and they will happen.

if not concrete i prefer any hard surface - lino, tile, etc. anything but carpet. of course my current veg room is over carpet. :cheesygrinsmiley:

That’s good paint! But this was not from the interwebs - we did raised floors to improve survival rates for livestock birthing areas, on concrete slabs its common problem. A whole cottage industry has grown up around it, raised floors, cable heat systems embedded in slabs, top side heat mats etc. If a slab can suck the life out of young animals I’m confident it can negatively impact a rootball. Yeah guess it depends on location, seasonal temp changes and grow style etc, just elevate above it and rock on, but a large plant with good vigor may not be impacted at all

That’s good paint! But this was not from the interwebs - we did raised floors to improve survival rates for livestock birthing areas, on concrete slabs its common problem. A whole cottage industry has grown up around it, raised floors, cable heat systems embedded in slabs, top side heat mats etc. If a slab can suck the life out of young animals I’m confident it can negatively impact a rootball. Yeah guess it depends on location, seasonal temp changes and grow style etc, just elevate above it and rock on, but a large plant with good vigor may not be impacted at all

what the ... ? where are you siberia.. ?

to be fair i have a friend who does in floor slab heating, and livestock is one of his companies largest applications. it's only one though.

the largest thing i was ever involved with was over painted concrete in a subterranean semi-industrial basement. non heated floor. never had issues and grew yr round, though primarily in winter, when the heat sink should be it's harshest. we had pretty good environmental control over all.

all the legal commercial grows here are over concrete as well.

Back
Top Bottom