2nd Grow wondering if I have everything I need

NicStik

420 Member
Technically my first grow wasn't successful lmao. Tent is a 5x5 Lights are 150 W each I have all my nutes and everything I just need to know if my tent is complete?

FDAEE28D-A432-44C1-A607-5BF696D39DEB.jpeg

D855FB0F-CC9F-4893-B9BE-559A44F8E4C3.jpeg

A89C7F9E-2A98-408A-A30C-D085CEAB9261.jpeg

A1B36A03-7D17-4998-BFD9-F519A872AF7C.jpeg

8F7CFE6A-5125-46AD-B9CC-707BEF806357.jpeg

4A8D520F-B43E-4C91-B037-57D58E09B35A.jpeg

0EFF423D-7A66-47ED-8B98-636F87EE873B.jpeg

Make sure that hurricane of a fan doesn’t blow direct on your plants. I would invest in a couple smaller fans to better direct the airflow. Other then that it looks like you are off to a good start

Okay thank you. I have a couple small clip on fans but I figured they'd be to small for the 5x5
I think you are ready for round 2! Awesome bunch of growers here to answer all questions you may have. Take your time and flip thru other journals or other info on this site. Your girls will love you for it! What happened last time? Keeping an accurate journal really helps me. You never know what you can reteach yourself :nomo:

I was so afraid to over water last time i ended up under watering and I fed them nutes to early learned from that and hopefully get further along this time

add about two more. dunno what they are but that'll get you going if you stick with the same stuff.
i'm running a 600w led rig in a touch under 4x4 for comparison.

your veg will be fine with what you have and you'll even get ok flower, but potency and weight will be lacking.

edit : make sure you run dimmers. if you can daisy chain even better
i'm assuming you wanna fill the tent.

I have the 2 abriselux a1500 just some off brand amazon lights but do you think i should fill the empty space with more lights and then I should get the advertised yields? I appreciate the help

I have the 2 abriselux a1500 just some off brand amazon lights but do you think i should fill the empty space with more lights and then I should get the advertised yields? I appreciate the help

in flower on a cheaper decent brand light you want about 25w / sqft as minimum = 625w for your space.

that's a super rough guide, and other factors and efficiencies have happened with newer tech, but that is still where i'd start. i always go one rating higher for footprint space. if the rig is advertised as a 4x4 footprint in flower, i trust it no further than a 3x3.

stick with that and you'll always do better. there is no substitute for light.

edit: on a garbage brand light i shoot for 35- 50w / sqft.

you're less than half way there for light

^^^This^^^

The 2 you have will probably cover 9 sq/ft and you have a 25 sq/ft tent. If you're planning on 4 plants, you'd probably need 1 of those lights for each plant. To properly light a 5x5, there's not really a cheap option. Adequate light is a big factor when it comes to yield though. It does pay off in the long run (sometimes not even long, the extra yield with good lighting can pay for itself in the first grow).

So scratch those lights after this grow and get like a big spider farmer light?

no one said that. be smart about it. you could simply supplement what you have, and there are better, cheaper options among the board sponsors.

plus plenty of contests and other stuff you could help yourself with here.

edit : sf are great lights, but i see better options here.

add a few p1000 they are cheap enough that would push you to 500watt make it the p1500 and its 600 watt.The Psu's might up the heat levels but if you can deal with that is a no brainer. I think for now those lights will do the trick if you stick to two ladies a light each your get good results better than trying to grow 4/5/6.

Okay i'll check those out and i'm growing in a cold basement so the extra heat may cause me to not need my heater anymore.

edit - I checked out the ViparSpectra line up you think I could get by with getting one p2000 ? or is it better to get a few p1000's like you said?

That would get you 500 watt pretty close to what your looking for in that grow space.And you wont have to shell
out for another 600 watt light. When growing more than one strain its handy to be able to adjust multi light setups.
And we all like to save money not waste it in these troubled times.I will be putting a XS2000 into a grow space
80/80/200 taking a FC3000 down to reivew the model.So 60 watt less and not as good as a spread but guess im going to
see if 60 watt and the bars even spread = extra weight.

I have 2 Maxsisun pb1500’s in a 2x4 tent growing three plants and I have no issue on yield, etc. the 2000 would be good in my option for a 2x4 tent.

Okay thank you i'll see how this grow does then add lights
add 2 more of what you have for flower. 300w wont be enough unless you're only growing 2 or 3 plants then you need to lower the lamp to like 10" above the canopy and raise it if you get stretch in flower.

Back
Top Bottom