Can't figure out what's going on!

cipher420

420 Member
So i have a DWC setup with just one plant as i am new to hydro. everything started out wonderful up until i did a res change. the only difference was i used tap water (de-chlorinated) then switched over to distilled. started to get slow growth and cupped and curlling leafs so switched back to tap but havent been able to recover.
symptoms are:
-slow/stunned growth
-tips curlling up and down
-dropping of some leaves
-tips of newer growth have a small amount of yellow
i keep the ph around 5.8-6.3 and never go full strength on my nutrients.
not sure of ppm or ec as i dont have the testers yet.
using 1 50 watt 6400k sunblaster CFL with one 26 watt 6400 sunblaster CFL with total lumen output of about 7500 lumens .
medium sized airstone and water pump with top dripper.

20180804_111705[1].jpg
20180804_111634[1].jpg
20180804_111618[1].jpg

What's with the cardboard???

So your pumping nutes up to the top and dripping down?

Is yer bubler getting the roots nice and wet

Water temp and room temp?

Using any goop reducer like hydroguard and z7?

What nutes are u using?

Looks pretty healthy to me, seems close to yer papers and cardboard

have a 100 liter tube filled with water with a 5 gallon bucket submerged in it to help control temp inside bucket.
cardboard is more or less just a temporary cover to make sure i get no light penetration.

yup got a spliter on my pump. 2 small spegetti hose up top with one inside directly pointed at pot . room temp is about 24 and res temp about 20

no added reducers but i am adding to next rez change.

im using a product called wild things. photo attatched
i use 1ml per liter and have 8 liters in bucket

just concerned cause it was growing really strong and then stopped right after a rez change

Attachments

• 20180804_125620[2].jpg
    20180804_125620[2].jpg
    599.4 KB · Views: 89
Are the roots nice and white?

Hold on, do you have a bubbler in the bucket? Ok..ya said ya have a medium airstone, good

No clue what those nutes are. Top dripping can also kinda over water the plants I think
What media is the plant in?

Ya may try to stop the drip since it's established, and focus on bubbles hitting the roots and netpot

Ya for sure need an enzime or goop killer for yer water, not sure if hydroguard and z7 are available in yer country, but I'd check for sure

i added just a small touch of 3% hydrogen peroxide to help treat any potential bad bacteria
any recommendation for what to use ?

Back
Top Bottom