Can't pot up can I pot up the pot with pot to pot up

Pondwater

Bloody hell who wrote that title ?, made ya wonder though eh hehe

My big ass pots are full and in flower I want to top off the soil mulch But don’t wanna pot higher up the stem ,
Could I in theory chop the top off a plant pot and put the ring round the stem then backfill the pot up to the “plant ring”
So plant sits in like a 1inch lower middle to keep stem from being covered for rot etc

Could I in theory chop the top off a plant pot and put the ring round the stem then backfill the pot up to the “plant ring”
So plant sits in like a 1inch lower middle to keep stem from being covered for rot etc
In theory, yes.

Is it worth the cost and time of cutting up another pot? Maybe not. Depends on why you want to do it.

After a point into the flowering time the plants pretty much stop growing new roots. So if you are trying to increase root mass it is best to do it while the plant is still in a vegetative grow cycle.

In theory, yes.

Is it worth the cost and time of cutting up another pot? Maybe not. Depends on why you want to do it.

After a point into the flowering time the plants pretty much stop growing new roots. So if you are trying to increase root mass it is best to do it while the plant is still in a vegetative grow cycle.
The top soil is so dry from evap I wana rd a mulch ,I have a fertiliser mulch from comfrey which will feed the soil like a Topdress and keep moisture in , but the stalk is potted up to the crown and was told never ever go above it
So if I simple snip a ring off a pot and run it round the base it will keep the soil from going onto the base while still mulching the sides

I am week 1 flower and been using plastic mulch covers recently which work wonders but removing 8 everyday to water is a fk about and I need to feed em so why not mulch the surface with my mulch mix barkfines compost ewc the only drawback is I can’t go higher on the stem so collar

Like this but fill soil up to level @Azimuth what do you think bro

14417E6D-7AB4-4077-BB41-E6969CC962D5.png

Back
Top Bottom