Ceramic Metal Halide or Mars TS1000

ZayWill10

I’ve essentially decided between 2 lights as runner ups for my next grow. A 315 watt CMH(Vivosun)
vs the Mars Hydro Ts1000.

The strains I’m growing are Gelato auto flower and Critical Auto. Probably 2 of each, with the plan to eventually sea of green them.

Then current tent I’m using is a 2x2x4 to take up minimal space for now.

I’m leaning more towards the CMH because I’ve seen the things it can produce but the Mars TS1000 is closer to what I can afford at the moment.

Any suggestions, feel free to let me know.

Both lighting products should be okay, in comparison to others in their respective classes - but they're in no way comparable. One is over twice as powerful as the other, so trying to compare them is not only unfair to the less powerful device (since the manufacturer has never misadvertised it as a 300+ watt device, lol), it also seems kind of silly, IMHO. I mean... You don't decide you need to move to a different house and ask others whether you should buy a small one bedroom house or a large three bedroom one, do you? No; you examine your needs and then purchase accordingly.

The TSW-2000 and TSL-2000 models would be far more appropriate for your comparison, since they're both (approximately) 300-watt devices.

Both lighting products should be okay, in comparison to others in their respective classes - but they're in no way comparable. One is over twice as powerful as the other, so trying to compare them is not only unfair to the less powerful device (since the manufacturer has never misadvertised it as a 300+ watt device, lol), it also seems kind of silly, IMHO. I mean... You don't decide you need to move to a different house and ask others whether you should buy a small one bedroom house or a large three bedroom one, do you? No; you examine your needs and then purchase accordingly.

The TSW-2000 and TSL-2000 models would be far more appropriate for your comparison, since they're both (approximately) 300-watt devices.

Lighting is still one thing that perplexes me about growing at the moment. I apologize for not always being accurate, I’m just still an eager grower despite ending my first grow, so I guess I get a little ahead of myself.

I really like the idea of putting a CMH in my 2x2, so I guess my question now is what Would you compare a CMH in that specific scenario?

First, I'm sorry if I appeared to be insulting you (I can be a bit of an ass).

Second, I don't know enough about modern ceramic metal halide technology/products to give you much in the way of advice, and hope users of the stuff will chime in. But that seems like a good bit of light for only four square foot of grow space (and a small volume). I'd make sure of my air-exchange capability - and probably only grow sativas in there ;). Or get a slightly larger grow space.

But, again, people currently using them would have better/more advice.

First, I'm sorry if I appeared to be insulting you (I can be a bit of an ass).

Second, I don't know enough about modern ceramic metal halide technology/products to give you much in the way of advice, and hope users of the stuff will chime in. But that seems like a good bit of light for only four square foot of grow space (and a small volume). I'd make sure of my air-exchange capability - and probably only grow sativas in there ;). Or get a slightly larger grow space.

But, again, people currently using them would have better/more advice.

It’s all good man, I appreciate you taking the time to give me some well needed feedback. You probably answer these questions all day.

I’ve essentially decided between 2 lights as runner ups for my next grow. A 315 watt CMH(Vivosun)
vs the Mars Hydro Ts1000.

The strains I’m growing are Gelato auto flower and Critical Auto. Probably 2 of each, with the plan to eventually sea of green them.

Then current tent I’m using is a 2x2x4 to take up minimal space for now.

I’m leaning more towards the CMH because I’ve seen the things it can produce but the Mars TS1000 is closer to what I can afford at the moment.

Any suggestions, feel free to let me know.
I honestly think the metal halide will cause too much heat for that area. I use a mars hydro Ts1000. Its awsome

Ok I started with some T5’s but they didn’t carry the mail, so went to 315 cmh worked well and greened up my garden nicely, buuut I really wanted to grow some honking bud so did the 600 hps and its a nice light but the heat is tough and the power co meter needed new bearings from the freaking high rpms. So finally got a pair of mars sp250 white light LED. Moral of that story is: buy once - cry once, I would have saved a lot of money and dicking around if I’d just bought the LED from the git go. Splurge on your light it will pay for itself with less heat, smaller power bills & better harvests

Back
Top Bottom