Ceramic Metal Halide vs HPS

So I got the bulb from here: Phlips MasterColor Ceramic Metal Halide ~ CMH ~ HPS-Retro White

Installed it just a few days ago and its amazing. The color is a beautiful white not blue or yellow but balanced white. I am currently using it in my 250w all-in-one HPS hood-reflector so I can't say I have had any trouble with the cord length :p

Only going to be running for veg right now and it is much cooler and can be much closer to the plants. Even at 6" right now the leaves are reaching toward the light.

I will get some pictures up soon once I am done re-potting everything as well.

So I got the bulb from here: Phlips MasterColor Ceramic Metal Halide ~ CMH ~ HPS-Retro White

Installed it just a few days ago and its amazing. The color is a beautiful white not blue or yellow but balanced white. I am currently using it in my 250w all-in-one HPS hood-reflector so I can't say I have had any trouble with the cord length :p

Only going to be running for veg right now and it is much cooler and can be much closer to the plants. Even at 6" right now the leaves are reaching toward the light.

I will get some pictures up soon once I am done re-potting everything as well.

Sweet! Keep us updated please.

:peace:

CMH veggied my girls and now adorns them with goodies
Resination so dense and sparkly, like going to the beach with a woody
My cabinet is rather small but four girls stay each in her corner
250 retro hangs bare down the middle rated 'Open', no need for a fixture

I may have to run a comparison, to separate the issue of spectrums
From advantages I believe derive from bare bulb working close to all blooms
Another unknown are the seeds that I've sown, Pine Ex is showing much gumption
CMH vs HPS: twin grows! and prove my presumption

CMH veggied my girls and now adorns them with goodies
Resination so dense and sparkly, like going to the beach with a woody
My cabinet is rather small but four girls stay each in her corner
250 retro hangs bare down the middle rated 'Open', no need for a fixture

I may have to run a comparison, to separate the issue of spectrums
From advantages I believe derive from bare bulb working close to all blooms
Another unknown are the seeds that I've sown, Pine Ex is showing much gumption
CMH vs HPS: twin grows! and prove my presumption

So your bag seed seems to rock under the CMH sun. And the second of your sons/girls seems to love it too.

Verily, I think one proselytizer in the mix might be one too many? :rofl:

Wow, very tantalizing information. I am very intrigued. Would be nice to see some more comparisons. Looks like LabRat is gonna try a few. Can't wait to check it out. I was gonna ask LabRat if they work in digital but the question was answered here. Guess I'll have to wait. Would be nice to bump up to 1000w without much heat increase.

Great Info!! +reps

L8ER

Thanks LR - I will keep ya'll posted.

I'm staying away from LED tech until the dust settles. I read the entire 200+ page thread over at that-site-that-we-shall-not-name and I think its a pretty good option. We shall see...

Thanks LR - I will keep ya'll posted.

I'm staying away from LED tech until the dust settles. I read the entire 200+ page thread over at that-site-that-we-shall-not-name and I think its a pretty good option. We shall see...

I'm with you there dude. I love the idea of growing great plants for way less $ fed to the power companies. Those dirty rat bastards have us by the short hairs and I hate it!

I think the LED technology is like Linux. Close, but no cigar yet.

So, to use the 400 bulb, I need to buy a 400 non-digital ballast right? I'm thinking it'd be nice to have as a veg - early flower light.

It'd be interesting to run a comparison with my generic 600HPS.

You need a non-digital *HPS* ballast of matching wattage to run ceramic metal halide bulbs.

They are designed as a retro-fit for existing HPS fixtures in warehouses, factories, etc., so that workers can have more natural lighting instead of yellowish.

Currently they come in 250w and 400w, and there are separate bulbs for horizontal versus vertical applications.

Back
Top Bottom