certified electrician and grower

Slowpuffer
it's got all that gooey puddy looking stuff in there.....Yo sorry about the delay. Been wiring up the 175 watt for the small veg. room. But here is my thoughts..
The ballast is donions. And that black nasty crap gooing out....is crazy toxic. Like leave you with a permanent orange afro kinda toxic. So wrap that block of hell up and please dispose of in the correct way. (not digging a hole and saying goodbye.)

Happens to us all.....usually at the worst times possible.

I chalk that all up to my Irish Luck......none.

Her Ori..have a question not related to growing. Its an electrical issue. in my kitcdhen the lights go off, the circut breaker isn't being tripped. But then when I put a plug in an outlet in the kitchen...a random outlet. As soon as the plug enters the outlet the lights go back on. Like when i plug it in, seems like it is completing sa circut or connection. Any clue?

Her Ori..have a question not related to growing. Its an electrical issue. in my kitcdhen the lights go off, the circut breaker isn't being tripped. But then when I put a plug in an outlet in the kitchen...a random outlet. As soon as the plug enters the outlet the lights go back on. Like when i plug it in, seems like it is completing sa circut or connection. Any clue?

SO sorry for the delay......Have been building my flower room....and dealing with somoe downey mold.....and now that is gone and things are a growing again.

But here is my true professional opinion of your situation.

You house is possessed by satan or a demon. If you are unable to get a priest to exorcise the place.....then just get some good insurance...and a match....hey it's always worth more burnt.

OK just kidding.

To be honest.....I dio not know.

However this might shed some general light on why things are wired they way they are....and then go into specifics about your place.

1. Circuits are spilt up because it is common sense to do it that way....I know it does not sound so...but think about it.....you are upstairs in a bedroom and you plug something in and a breaker snaps open, If all the devices in the bedroom were on that circuit then you would be in the dark walking into the hallway, down the stairs, etc.

So when we wire up someplace you make sure that different rooms and different recpts are mixed in.

This is really really easy to do when building something that is just studded walls. It becomes a giant pain in the ass when the drywall is up.

point number 2,.

The twistie wire nut things that are used anywhere two wires connect....they are a more modern invention.....back in the old days it took a solder iron (or a crack torch), some solder, about a million miles of the nastiest black tape ever, and Presto....the original wire nut. Kinda looks like a black golf ball....

So to avoid having to make this meatball of tape at every location....they would use the recepticle as the wire nut. The wires would be screwed in on one side of the recpt....and then screwed in on the other side.

This is called a series circuit. Kinda like the el cheapo Christmas lights....when one went out....all of them down stream went out.

OK I think that you may have one of two things going on.

First....you gotta check the recepticles....see how they are wired..

And how do we do this....you find out what breaker/fuse they are on. Plug in your radio and start flipping the breakers....when you hear the music stop.....you have the right circuit.

(Chances are the kitchen lights are going to be on the same one....if not....you need a priest)

Turn the power off.

unscrew the recepticle.....and tell me what you see.

I can walk you through it.....

Or can offer a solution that involves human sacrifice....and a virgin is necessary....and how in the hell you are going to find a virgin these days....is beyond me. I always thought the virgin thing was overrated anyway. But that is another story for another day.

Just take care...

and do not get medicated before doing this....please.

and i am not even going to spell check this....as I am tired....

tommysnoboard

OK awake now, Sorry I forgot to explain why we are taking apart the recpt. Because somehow...someway...it is completing the circuit. As you know. I want to find out why. It is either because of the grounded wire (white wire) or the current carrying conductor (other colors mostly black/red/or blue.)

And I have seen some funk happen when a three way switch is wired wrong....or other creative things have been done with a switch.

Also.....let me know if the wire going into the box are the old school romex. (Looks like really nasty black covering that is brittle and sad.

Or can offer a solution that involves human sacrifice....and a virgin is necessary....and how in the hell you are going to find a virgin these days....is beyond me. I always thought the virgin thing was overrated anyway. But that is another story for another day.

:rofl: if the sparky thing don't work out, you may have promise as a stand-up comedian.....

YO YO YO! No shit....just had this happen to me.....and I caused it. Yadda Yadda Yadda......there is a white (grounded) wire loose behind the receptacle.

I had to pry this POS receptacle out of about two effen feet of plaster and paint to get to it....and the wires were already cut short....(thanks to the guy that came in to do the work before me...ran out of wire) anyway I could just barely get the wire nut on.....and i CAREFULLY pushed in the rcpt. and checked it all out....shit worked...my tester aglow....the sparky slot machine is a ringing....bingo...

Pay the fiddler lady.

She reaches into her little old lady coin purse and makes me wait like forever....as she counts the bills. Hands all shaking like this is her bread money....

Sorry I kinda saw you driving the Benz outside....and you talk to your neighbor about the other property you own.....

And I could care less.

And two days later......i get the call.

NO!!!!!!

And I was thinking about you. And your post...

And praying that this lady would please Shut the F. up.

Anyway...the white (grounded) aka neutral slid out of the wirenut...even after I tugged on it. I think she might have gotten excited playing with one of her toys....i need to vomit now at the thought....she is one of the typical "cat lady" kind. And yes the place did reek of delightful cat urine. And the bastards were all over me.

Anyway...let me land the plane.

I can almost promise you that there is a white wire (grounded aka neutral) loose behind the receptacle. if you want my help fixing it....just send me a line.

I will tell you how to do it easy.

And if you are renting the place....and there are not any plants around.

Call Mr. Furley the landlord...have him deal with it.

Good luck.
:bigtoke:

Back
Top Bottom