CFL 345 watts distance from plant

yourkiddin

420 Member
I'm 4 weeks into flowering. I have gradually added more cfls to a hood . It's very similar to a mh/hps hood. Its got 16 total bulbs. Everything I have read about cfl, it says to keep them like 3 in. And in the beginning that was possible. I think I am drying out the leaves and have began raising it. I don't want to burn it. But I am concerned about having enough light penitrating the plant. I'm not concerned about spectrum. Ive combined 4 6500k in with 12 2700k. How high can I go up ?

It's true, you're supposed to only have cfl's a few inches above the canopy, but with the setup you've described, it sounds like you're generating some heat. A lil too much actually.

What you wanna do is raise your light about 6 inches above your canopy and run a fan. That'll keep your branches and leaves moving. Also, put your hand where your canopy is. If the light burns you or feels uncomfortable, then your light is too close to the plants.

Sounds like you're running a monster so you might have to treat the light the same way you'd treat an HPS. Get that air moving and find a happy medium height for your light.

Sent from my SM-N900T using 420

This is my first grow. And I have definitely read and I see the results of the mh/hps set ups. And I may end up there one day. I'm still not generating that kind of heat. And I'm trying to save on electricity. I have been doing my homework on the cmh 315 also. I just don't understand the price being so much more than say an Apollo 600 watt system.

I am gonna see what kind of outcome I get before I change up. Right now my plant is doing pretty good in my opinion. Thanks for your suggestion. right now I'm at about 5-6 inches.

This is my first grow. And I have definitely read and I see the results of the mh/hps set ups. And I may end up there one day. I'm still not generating that kind of heat. And I'm trying to save on electricity. I have been doing my homework on the cmh 315 also. I just don't understand the price being so much more than say an Apollo 600 watt system.

I am gonna see what kind of outcome I get before I change up. Right now my plant is doing pretty good in my opinion. Thanks for your suggestion. right now I'm at about 5-6 inches.
Sounds like you know what your doing with keeping them 5-6 inches from the canopy. With that many bulbs that sucker puts out some heat so as long as you have a fan blowing across the tops that should be perfect. I run a mars 300 with 8 cfls... 2 cfls on y adapters with that clamp style coming off each corner of a 2x2x4 tent. I keep the bulbs 2 inches from the canopy and without a fan blowing across ill get the leaf tacoing up which is letting me know they're getting a lil toasty. check out green ninja on you tube. he grows straight organic cfl style with a 8x4 wide hood with 30 something cfls in each hood with very nice results.. anyways goodluck and happy growing :goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom