CFL closet

Ok I got some fox farm marine cuisine also.... But I forgot to ask when should I transplant to another pot? I was gonna go for a few more days befor I transplanted to 3gallon pots and only veg for 18-21 days total. I'm not trying to get BIG ASS BUDS so average to small little nugs will work for me.

I usually let the seedlings get a little bigger before transplanting.. seedlings stretch a little regardless of light height or intensity, and I like them to get that out of their system before transplanting... then I bury the plant so I dont see that leggy base.. always worked for me.

A good way to avoid disrupting your roots when do transplant out of the cups is to "plant the cup", pack the dirt in (not tightly, just enough to hold the form) around the cup, then take the cup out, remove the cup and put the solid cup form of dirt back in the hole.. the roots will appreciate not being dislodged.

At least 2 weeks Or when your plants are 4-6" tall. As far as your nutes, stay away from slow-release fertilizers, they take too long to break down and can't be flushed prior to harvest. Also i recommend that you buy some Earth Juice or any other organic nutrients. Chemical nutes and pesticides should not be used to grow cannabis.
I also recommend buying a 250 watt High Pressure Sodium or a Metal Halide. That would really boost the quantity and quality of your herb.

I forgot to say that your love and dedication is highly evident in your pics. Your closet looks like mine 11years ago. Keep at it.

Thanks Abbot, BUD08, spur and everyone else . I think I might have fried them a tad with the lights being to close and a little nute burn to add to the problem lol damn it.

We live and we learn to try new things everyday. I added a lil bit of humus to the first soil mix and blood meal :smokin: . Maybe to much because even the seedlings are showing signs of burn on the tips but not drastic. : (

They are showing signs of coming back though, the nodes are short but growth is there everyday. Just not as rapid as I have seen on these borads. I just had an addition to the family last week also(YAY!) so I havent had time to really evaluate the conditions to correct them. Nearly 3 weeks and only 6 inches tall. This sucks but I learned what not to do.

Abbot: I thought about getting a 250w HPS or MD, but my funds are drained until next month so cfl's will have to do for this batch. And yes I love cultivation and these forums. Hopefully I can get as good as you fellas sooner then later :peace:

Thank -you and congrats. Your plants are growing fine. CFLs can only do so much. Also, put a fan (if you don't already have one) blowing gentley into your closet at floor level. You want all of your plants leaves to be gentley moving or you do not have enough air for them to be happy.

42 watt soft white cfl's from home depot are perfect for all stages of growth, specially for flowering, because it contains the red/orange spectrum flowering plants thrive on. Of coarse their is better lights out there, but if you're on a budget, cfl's are the way to go. I used 8 42 watt soft white cfl's, used them 360 degrees and instead of getting one huge main cola, I got 6 huge colas. When I finished, I ended up with 2 foot pineapples yielding 5 oz. per plant.

You don't want to use nutrients for the first week on seedlings, tap water is what to use. After the first week, than you can use nutes but on at quarter dosage, when the plant turns to vegetative stage than you can slowly introduce higher dosages.

As far as transplanting, what you can do is get a 3 gallon container, fill them with soil make a hole, in the soil for the plant. Now there is two great ways you can transplant with a cup, one is to cut the bottom off the cup and place it in the hole or you can pack the cup and remove it by gently squeezing the cup while pulling it out. Next time don't grow in cups, at all. They are way to much of a pain in the ass.

What a fan does is replace the bad/stale air around the blades for the stomates to soak in fresh C02. Humans breath oxygen, plants breath carbon dioxide.

You need to have more confidence in your babies and yourself, who doesn't want big ass buds. You can do this, it's very simple and fun.

Also congratulations.

Wow, I never got that knid of success when i was using them.(CFLS) Then agian that was a long time ago and i never tried arranging them at 360* - clever- I think i might try this just for fun. You know, on the side. ~wink~

ABBOT- Yeah it works really well, but now I grow with 600 watt HPS hortilux bulbs, for the full spectrum. I also grow hydroponic, instead of soil. I like automation and faster growth. I grew cfl's cause I was on a budget and had very little space.

It worked really really well, but you have to pay a lot and I mean a lot of attention to the girls. Concerning moving the lights up everyday, keeping them 3 inches away at all times is a pain. Try it out, it's pretty cheap.

I use miracle grow moisture control, which the ph is 5.1 so I balanced my water ph to 6.8.

When are you going to introduce flowering or start to force flower? Also how tall do you plan on the plants to be?

I personally introduce flowering at 5 to 6 inches. I like my plants at 2 feet but stout.

A good cheap trick to increase C02 is to put dry ice (compressed and froze C02) into a show box with medium sized holes on top. 1 pound of dry ice will create 1000 ppm, plants thrive on 1500 ppm.

Don't waste your money on any high pressure sodium or metal halide under 600 watts. I recommend electronic ballast or if you have $600 try out the UFO LED, it works damn good, but low on yield but great on resin production.

I'd like to request some updated pics. Thanks

They are going pretty well for now. The burning and yellowing has stoped thank goodness. I transplanted and maybe stunted the growth rate by a week though it seems for some. (Lighting one up for the lost plantlings that didnt make it lol) I will start flowering in a few days though. I'm on day 25 from seed and they are about 9 inches tall and pretty bushy :ganjamon: day 28 will be a good call.

I got a problem though
Was reading the Marijuana Indoor Bible and I swear it had a guide showing the dosage of nutrients to add by the stages of growth. For example
(seedling - early veg give15-7-7 Late veg give7-10-20 etc ) something of that nature, to the final stages of flowering..... I cant find it now for nothing.......Anyone got a clue of what im talking about???

Anyways I will upload some pics tomorrow. I really cant wait to start flowering though. When is the earliest size to snatch a few clones? Like the size of the actual clone its self not the plant. 3-4 inches ?

:rollit:

Its generally chill to take clones from the 4th inter node and up...

Some updates on the grow yo. These were taken on week 3 day 22. I'm on day 26 now and they have grown 4 inches since then : ) . Thanks for the concern Ganja The top shelf is going to be a sealed clone box, but for now some will go into flower up there until then.
Cool Doc I will take a few clones next week off each and begin the sea of green method I hope. :peace:

100_2893.jpg

100_2903.jpg

100_2902.jpg

100_2896.jpg

100_2895.jpg

100_2894.jpg

100_2900.jpg

100_2899.jpg

100_2898.jpg

How long were your lights on/off per day pre-flower?

Is this the chart your thinking of? Just found it in another thread the thread is under Problem, pests & disease controll> Plant havin problems send help! Its a fox farm nute callender i guess ill call it.

I kept them 1-2 inches away during the preflower stage. I had them like like 2-3 inches during seedling also for the first 2 weeks, which may have stunted them a bit.

Nope Ebud the one I'm talking about was in a book and pretty sure it was the MJ grow bible or a HT article. Me being stoned awwwing over my babies and reading that. I lost track of thought and now I can find it to save my life. Maybe I was dreaming though :smokin:

PS I havent seen the FF nute table yet. I don't use alot of FF nutes yet but I found a place near home that carries and will order on call all year long :peace:

If you were answerin me, I meant how many hours per day did you leave the lights on/off preflower... sorry for being redundant :)

Back
Top Bottom