CFL lighting question

Question about LST. Wondering if I have let this plant go too long to use LST? This is my first time growing NLights and it has grown higher and faster that anything else I've grown. I hate to do any damage to her as shes the only one I have that's getting close to harvest. When I checked her this morning she was 9.5" from the light.

What kind of lights are you using? How long into flowering are you? You most likely can lst (gently) unless you are within 2 weeks of harvest then you can be more brutal in lsting (If you look at green0007 signature he has a link called increasing trichs..... read it it will help tons. :tokin:

Same question for supercropping. From what I'm reading it seems best to start it in the veg mode.

Sorry just looked at your photos, it seems that you have a ton of stretch. Keep your lights as close to your plants as you can without burning them. Strecthing will virtually stop at about week 6 or 7 of flower. I think I would do a little lsting on them but gently and as slowly as you can. I definelty would not supercrop unless I absolutely had to. :tokin:

Why are so many awesome members MIA???

That is true, if anyone has been following we just lost another great contributer, The cheese, I think snow knows who I am talking about, but I was surprised to see all his posts and membership gone. Unfortunately as the laws stand in most states we are still walking a fine line of legality. This is because of all the BS measures that are put in to undermine current laws and derail law abiding people who contribute to society in a variety of ways. So bottom line I think its paranoia that drives a lot of good members to erase their digital footprint. In November all those fears may be erased, but as it stands we will face more measures that would Tax home growers out of business, another sad reality of the November vote in California. Sorry for jumping in on the thread but I am saddened by this as well.

Keep it green

Experimental LED/Plasma Induction Grow

That is true, if anyone has been following we just lost another great contributer, The cheese, I think snow knows who I am talking about, but I was surprised to see all his posts and membership gone. Unfortunately as the laws stand in most states we are still walking a fine line of legality. This is because of all the BS measures that are put in to undermine current laws and derail law abiding people who contribute to society in a variety of ways. So bottom line I think its paranoia that drives a lot of good members to erase their digital footprint. In November all those fears may be erased, but as it stands we will face more measures that would Tax home growers out of business, another sad reality of the November vote in California. Sorry for jumping in on the thread but I am saddened by this as well.

Keep it green

Experimental LED/Plasma Induction Grow

Hey man I feel you. Im not sure if people are getting worried about their digital footprint per say but that is a good way to look at it. There are some people I believe that follow the rules on this site and laws of their state and still have issues here. The vote in November is just for Cali not all states but im sure if it passes there many other states will take it up. I honestly dont think that vote is good at all as it does punish the home farmer. I know for sure I dont trust western Medicine and they would find a way to ruin MMJ and make it cause new issues just to inherit new patients and try new drugs on them. If our western world legalizes MMJ and crop america takes over of production of it they are going to ruin the quality of weed. I wouild rather grow it personally at home. Laws are put into place to control people and society. I dont think laws should restrict people and what they put into their body and for someone to make a cut from you or me smoking should be made a crime. Something that mother nature can produce and harvest on her own with little human intervention should be available to people. But I do agree with a digital footprint and perhaps going to other sites or switching up your screen name. Crazy world we live in.

Hey, Guido. I think I'll save the supercropping for the plants I just started. In past grows I was just happy to get what I could from them. Now after a couple grows I'm getting a little braver and am going to try some different techniques.
Did a little LST on her last night. Tied the top down a little to the planter last night. Check her this morning and shes already bending up towards the light.

Hey, Guido.
Did a little LST on her last night. Tied the top down a little to the planter last night. Check her this morning and shes already bending up towards the light.

They will allways reach to the light, especially if they are strong healthy plants, :cheer: just keep slowly and gently bend them a little bit each day, until they are where you want them. Keep your lights as close as possible, this will slow down the strecthing. :bravo:

you can always use led panels or cfls on the floor underneath the bent plant..Im gonna try my first indoor in a month or too..And after i seen what bending of the tops does 2 my plants outside..Im bending indoor..And puttin lites on the floor>>Also Im a block mason and concrete blocks are FIRE proff and paintable 4 flatwhite.. 4'' block on the flooor base is nice .80 cents a block...

you can always use led panels or cfls on the floor underneath the bent plant..Im gonna try my first indoor in a month or too..And after i seen what bending of the tops does 2 my plants outside..Im bending indoor..And puttin lites on the floor>>Also Im a block mason and concrete blocks are FIRE proff and paintable 4 flatwhite.. 4'' block on the flooor base is nice .80 cents a block...

Technically, lol, concrete isn't fire-proof. It just takes a really hot flame (a thermite reaction will do it). But you're correct in that it won't burn in a grow-room environment.

Seriously, though: Don't place lights on the floor. The vast majority of a plant's chloroplasts are on the top of the leaves' surface.

Hey TorturedSoul & standupman. Thanks for checking out my thread here.
Even though I have a couple of grows under my belt I am still learning so much. Sometimes I think I enjoy the growing experience and what I learn as much as I do enjoying the finished product.
Well,maybe not that much. lol. But it is fun and interesting.

Hey everyone. Just posted another thread in the "Problems, Pests & Disease Control" forum for a slight problem I'm having. Appreciate it if you all can check it out.

Back
Top Bottom