CFL lighting question

MaxT

Posted this in the budding cycle forum but not getting any replies. Thought I would try here.
Out of a few plants I had I only had one turn out to be female.
I want to get as much as I can from her. What can I do to increase her production? Shes about 4' tall and in her tenth day of flowering.
Wondering if I added some compact cfl lighting halfway down her if that would help? Would it be worth it? If so what size light and how many?
Thanks for any help.

Her Picture
nlplant.jpg

Thanks, GG, for replying. She's grown a little since the picture. She's 18" from the light.
The light is a HPS 400w, temp:2000k, lum:50,000.
The room temperature is stays between 75-83 deg. Humidity stays between 50-60%.
I'll look up Roseman's CFL tutorial and educate myself on LST and supercropping.
I appreciate your help.

get a hood blower to exhaust the heat of the lamp outside the grow, so you can move the light closer.

Side lighting (or more lighting in general) is almost always a good idea. - cooling is usually an issue way before there's too much light.

Thanks Snow. Actually I have a closet set up with blower that I use in the winter. Its hard to control the temp and humidity in it in the summer. I have about 10 seeds germinating right now that I plan to veg and flower in the closet set up now that its getting cooler.
Do you think the light needs to be closer than 18"?

I'd also add 1 6400k CFL for every 2 2700K. A little blue spectrum helps fuel a little extra growth during flowering.

Looks like it's been reaching for the light for a while. Can you run it at 12"? Or less with the hood sealed and ventilated? The light looks like it is positioned to give light illumination (so to speak) to the entire area instead of moderate to heavy illumination to the plant itself.

If the plant could talk, it might ask you to drop the light as far as you can - in stages - without raising temperatures too much and then training the plant to fill the area that is then receiving direct illumination. If it is only on day 12 of flowering, then it will still stretch for a time.

Hey, TorturedSoul. Thanks for your help. I've moved the light to 13" away.
This is my third, maybe forth grow. I'm starting to lose track now. lol
I've grown Big Bud, GWS and different bag seeds. I've always kept the light 18" to 24" away from the plants. In all my grows, so far, my buds haven't been as dense or compact as I would like them to be. I'm thinking, now, that the lighting distance has been the reason for that.
I have a 24" Pioneer Jr. II T-5 fixture and I just bought 2, 24" Sun Blaze strips. I'm hanging all three vertically to give her extra light. I'm going to post a picture later to hopefully get some opinions as if it was a waste of time or not.

If you can add some CFL's esp the blue spec I would deff say give it a shot. Also for your next grow you can do some LST and topping to try and max out your plants Yield. Also I would say 12-18' would be best if you want more compact buds just as long as it is cooled. Some side lighting would deff help and CFL's you can place them extremely close 2 ur plants :)

Thanks, everyone, for your input. Added the 24" Pioneer Jr. II T-5 fixture and 2, 24" Sun Blaze strips.
nlplt.jpg

Also for your next grow you can do some LST and topping to try and max out your plants Yield. Also I would say 12-18' would be best if you want more compact buds just as long as it is cooled. 2 ur plants :)

Thanks for the input,Myzz and G-Dog. I just started a few more NL plants. Going to look into the LST and Supercrop methods for this grow.
I have a closet set up the same size as Nasty has. I have a inline fan and and a Cap-Air 1 system in there. Gets a little too hot in the summer time though. Now that fall is coming I'll be setting up in there. My biggest problem there,though, is controlling the humidity. I have a very hard time getting it over 30% let alone up to 50-60%.

You Bro,
To answer your question about using different temps of lighting during the flowering stage. I am no expert and the information that I have came from Rosemans' Tutorial on cfl lighting. I believe that you can find the thread in the grow forum. He explains it much better than I can. The "Veg" spectrum helps to produce thc during flowering, the "flowering" spectrum builds size and is needed to produce actual flowers. I am using strictly cfls' up to this point and have a ratio of about 70% flower spectrum and 30% in the veg spectrum.
I hope this answers your question.
:tokin:

what i wanna do is hydroponics i got a 20 gallon tote and i got four five gallon buckets from wall mart paint black on the outside and 10" net lids for all four how can i set that up for ebb&flow(flood and drain)

Sorry NastyAce05,
Thats' one that I can not help with. No experience with ebb&flow systems.

Question about LST. Wondering if I have let this plant go too long to use LST? This is my first time growing NLights and it has grown higher and faster that anything else I've grown. I hate to do any damage to her as shes the only one I have that's getting close to harvest. When I checked her this morning she was 9.5" from the light.

Same question for supercropping. From what I'm reading it seems best to start it in the veg mode.

Back
Top Bottom