CFL's

nbfool68

How many cfl's do I need to grow 5 or 6 plants?

I currently have two lights with reflectors.
• 350 watt duel spectrum @ 4200 lumens for flowering
• 300 watt duel spectrum @ 3400 lumens for veg
My grow space is still being setup but will measure about 4 * 3 * 7 with Mylar

Can I use both lights for the duration of my grow?

I thought about adding some smaller lights but how small is too small when it comes to cfl's?

Thanks for any help!

I cannot answer the question of how many yet....still on my first cfl grow...
The more the merrier I say....

yes you can use both lights for the duration.. I personally would do a 3-1 ratio(3 2700k{red]-1 6500k{blue}) for veg then switch it to 3-1 blue to red for flowering.. but that's just what I came up with after doing some basic research, no actual expert in the field yet...

stay with at least 27 watt output you get overall more usable lumens with those for the price...my own research once again...

Good luck and make sure to search around for as much info as you can find.. Then grow em big!!:thumb:

crashnfool said:

yes you can use both lights for the duration.. I personally would do a 3-1 ratio(3 2700k{red]-1 6500k{blue}) for veg then switch it to 3-1 blue to red for flowering.. but that's just what I came up with after doing some basic research, no actual expert in the field yet...

stay with at least 27 watt output you get overall more usable lumens with those for the price...my own research once again...

Good luck and make sure to search around for as much info as you can find.. Then grow em big!!:thumb:

Thanks for the info crashnfool!! Sounds like a good idea. I'm probably going to add at least a couple of more lights. I agree that you probably can't have too many cfl's. :thumb Peace

yes you can use both lights for the duration.. I personally would do a 3-1 ratio(3 2700k{red]-1 6500k{blue}) for veg then switch it to 3-1 blue to red for flowering..

I think you mean 3-1 ratio of 3- 6500K to 1- 2700K for Veg and 3- 2700K to -1 6500K for flower. MJ likes warmer spectrum during flowering (it flowers in autumn when the sun is lower on the horizon, thus warmer white balance)

I think you mean 3-1 ratio of 3- 6500K to 1- 2700K for Veg and 3- 2700K to -1 6500K for flower. MJ likes warmer spectrum during flowering (it flowers in autumn when the sun is lower on the horizon, thus warmer white balance)

Yes thanx.. Thats what I meant...:thanks:

Be0wulf said:

Thanks Be0wulf! So to clarify even further, you are talking about Kelvin ranges and not Lumens, is that correct? The lower 2700K being more in the red spectrum and the 6500K being more in the blue spectrum. Also, do these ranges correspond to the bulbs wattage in any way or is it just the type of light that is omitted?

Thanks Be0wulf! So to clarify even further, you are talking about Kelvin ranges and not Lumens, is that correct? The lower 2700K being more in the red spectrum and the 6500K being more in the blue spectrum. Also, do these ranges correspond to the bulbs wattage in any way or is it just the type of light that is omitted?

Yes, 2700K and 6500K refers to the 'Kelvin' white balance of the light. You generally want to go for the highest lumen output possible. And yes, 2700K is more reddish, 6500K is bluish.

The color temps aren't associated with wattage or lumen output. Very good questions though! Happy growing!

Be0wulf said:
Yes, 2700K and 6500K refers to the 'Kelvin' white balance of the light. You generally want to go for the highest lumen output possible. And yes, 2700K is more reddish, 6500K is bluish.

The color temps aren't associated with wattage or lumen output. Very good questions though! Happy growing!

Got it! You learn something new every day. I should be starting my first grow in a couple of weeks and I get more excited about it all the time. I would have done this a long time ago if I had known there was so much support out there! No more hustling up mj or supporting the cartels for me!! Peace friend!

Got it! You learn something new every day. I should be starting my first grow in a couple of weeks and I get more excited about it all the time. I would have done this a long time ago if I had known there was so much support out there! No more hustling up mj or supporting the cartels for me!! Peace friend!
thats right! aint nothin like your own sliced bread and a big red ripe mater that you just picked off the vine, still warm from the sun! if you take it slow and dont freak over every little thing . you will grow something that you are going to be very happy with! IM rootin for ya:cheer: so read read read and oh yeah feel free to ask:) there are alot of great peeps here ready to help:welcome:

fish cake said:
thats right! aint nothin like your own sliced bread and a big red ripe mater that you just picked off the vine, still warm from the sun! if you take it slow and dont freak over every little thing . you will grow something that you are going to be very happy with! IM rootin for ya:cheer: so read read read and oh yeah feel free to ask:) there are alot of great peeps here ready to help:welcome:

Thanks for the encouragement fish cake! Yes, I've been trying to check out something new every night. I've been surprised at all the different methods of growing and it's like a good book that I can't put down. I found some LED's last night and I thought it was interesting that one light can switch between the red and blue spectrum. Kinda pricey though.

Back
Top Bottom