Changing time of light cycle?

dawiggy420

i have 2 extremely healthy females that i just switched to 12/12 3 days ago but due to my new schedule i now have to completely reverse times from shutting off at 2pm to 2am.... i also dont have the ability to gradually change my schedule an hour a day so im going to leave them in the dark for a full 24 hours and start the new schedule.... i just want to know what kind of repercussions i can expect if any?

as soon as they get a couple of 12/12 days they'll start flowering and explodind in like 2 weeks. better off doing the 24 hour darkness. instead of trying to reg. the light cycle. less stress.

You will be fine. The dark cycle is the most important of the two.

I've been reading where a six hour on and eleven off will shorten the grow time. Interesting! Try finding a timer for that. :)

For changing the time in flower, extend the dark period. For veg, extend the light period.

You did right.

DD

12/12 for 7 weeks then 11/13 for thr final 2 weeks. carbs high phos. low nitrogen co2
and plenty of sugars ie molasses flora necta and beastie bloom, and or bud candy for energy while in darkness 78 degres F. rotation everyday and next thing you know explosion buds everywhere.:passitleft:

You will be fine. The dark cycle is the most important of the two.

I've been reading where a six hour on and eleven off will shorten the grow time. Interesting! Try finding a timer for that. :)

I've done some reading on the diurnal cycles but have not messed with them much yet. From my reading about the plant in general anything over 16 hours of light will produce diminishing returns. The cannabis plant photosynthesizes most effectively during the first 16 hours of light, after the first 16 hours the rate of photosynthesis greatly diminishes. Cannabis is a long night flowering plant, meaning when the length of the dark period reaches so many hours flowering is triggered in the plant. The time of dark varies from strain to strain, for example, G-13 will start flowering in 14/10 light cycle making it very valuable for northern based grower where the season is considerably shorter. I've thought about doing 16/4 for veg and 16/12 for flower but haven't tested it out yet. I've read that 16/12 can speed up your flowering time because of the 4 extra hours of photosynthesis you get during the day cycle. Remember that the plant gets all of its energy from photosynthesis, this is what allows it to process the nutrients you give the plant. There is a lot of information about light cycles and the cannabis plant out on the web, do some more research and it will blow your mind how much is out there already. You can get digital timers that will go something like 98 hours on if you want, I've seen them for 20 bucks.

I'm sure they have Otter, its just a matter of finding the information. If you do some digging on these forums and some others you will find that there are many very scientifically minded individuals in this field. There have been many experiments with published data on the web. The beauty of this being an underground industry is that the best information isn't tied up in collegiate courses and overpriced books but is put online for all enthusiasts to find, you just gotta look for it.

I gotta buddy , that swears by 24/dark every 7/days for flower cycle, I've the seen big buds but,
no control crop to compare with. Anybody heard of this?

ive alway done 24 darkness. on periods of budding. and have done darkness during flushing. or have run cfls for a cycle w/out hps, to imitate cloudy skys during veg.
and ive wondered about 9 hours of light and 3 hours dark, then repeat.
dont increase time w bud on your plant it will go away and start to re veg. i did that too.
i will tell ya 18/6 is way better than 20/4. had to go to 20/4 due to fridgid temps always at 78-68f but slower growth. due to lack of darkness.
what i can definitely say is that more lumens, lux/cri, and proper spectrum, the right ph, temp, humidty, nutrients and co2/ environmental is all you can do max yeild and your quality. unforseen conditions happen, and can srew up anyones crop
but im very intrested about different light cycles. is on and off 2 times a day more beneficial than our reg. cycles?:peacetwo:

So far only two weeks 4 on 20 off, but the girls have kicked into bud. I am concerned about the duration of flower, low light may turn eight weeks into eighteen.
Keeping track let you all know, but for sure they kicked down with 4/on 20/off.

Sully I heard they just stretch more in the dark period, are the plants just taller or are there in fact more nodes growing under the 18/6? I run 20/4 to help with temps and this is just what I've heard from some pro grower friends of mine, I'm always looking for some more info on stuff I'm unsure about.

I have been flexible +/- 2 hours with my dark cycle without any problems. But to change the dark cycle just add more dark time

hey buds, yeah it looks there are more nodes, and yes they were getting longer, but i think that had to do with kicking into flower phase(the reach or stretch). they seem to be mellowing out and pumping hairs.
thinking of increasing to 6/20. I like the sound of 420 better. got some weeks too go , let you know.
Otter.

Back
Top Bottom