Chosen by God, rejected by Walmart

MMBC

Though I'm ashamed to admit it, driven by desperation, I applied for a temporary graveyard stocking position for a remodel at a Walmart. Made it through TWO interviews and a background check where my references were called and questioned in regards to my anger tendencies towards co-workers or the public and whether or not I might be a threat to the government.

On the same day I was sent to take a urine test. Though I had clean urine I was made to sit too long (yeah, let's not go there) and it got cold. Ended up having to use my own and said "fuck it." Gave them a copy of my recommend and said I would fail so include this and off it went.

Prior to writing this post I received a phone call from the lab telling me I had tested positive for marijuana. I said no surprise, you should have a copy of my recommendation. They said blah blah blah the Feds blah blah and that I could have a retest at my cost for $125.00. Since they couldn't guarantee I'd pass I declined. They told me to expect to hear from Walmart. I'm waiting for that call.

Oh, I'm still seeking employment in guest services (i.e. hotel/motel, car rental, tour company, etc.) or internet sales/marketing/website type stuff for any kind of business. Currently the "on the ground" person in California for rastavacations.com and licensed/able to sell insurance (home, auto, business, more) in California but I don't want to do it for a living.

Re: Chosen by God, rejected by Walmart...

Sorry to hear about your experience. I find it insane they would even ask for references for a stocking position. You're probably better off not getting hired by walmart, they're an evil corporation.

Thank you for your support (he said, showing his age...). I knew I was climbing into the belly of the beast if I got hired but apparently I will be stepping aside. I'm Job, not Jonah.

If you'd like I'll pay you 8/hr and treat you like complete garbage, almost subhuman really. I'll also insult you further by not doing any of this my self by rather by finding the least qualified moron to act as your superior. How about it sports fan, Do we have our selves a deal?*

*this was not an actual job offer. I'm sorry but I don't make enough to spare 8/hr, I can pay you 4\hr but you'll have to move and I wont be covering those costs either. On the bright side I will make you work on holidays so there wont be any cost to travel back home to visit families, cause you'll be working!

Yes i would say screw wallmart . Maybe you could go to work for a small
company who cares more about work ethics than weed.

I am partners in a small auto repair been here just under 15 years
our drug and alky testing starts at 6 pm every day :ganjamon:
have 4 people work for us never a problem .

The corp world thinks just because you can piss clean your OK =fail

dude walmart sucks anyway. i couldn't keep a positive balance when I was working there, and 'm not even out on my own or anything! and I'm sorry but you should have known prior to applying that you'd have to pass a drug test, man! come on! idk, maybe you didn't know. oh wait, yeah you did, you had clean pee, my bad... I'm smart as you can see. that really sucks about the pee gettin cold. but like i said,walmart sucks anyway. you should have just got clean the old fashioned way before applying for the job though, it's fool-proof.

Walmart sucks anyway.

Dude, if you are willing to suck it up and tough out the bull shit at someplace like wall mart, then you have the balls and are strong enough to actualey make all of the freaking cold calls it would take to get enough people to buy insurance from you that you would at least double if not quadruple what walmart pays, with your commision. I know it is SALES and there will be a manager that wants you to sell bs to people who don't need it. But it is possible to make money HELPING people with insurance... it's just a lot more work.... you gotta talk to 5 times more people then otherwise.

Ii used to sell for american express financial services, I know it's hard... so hard I quit and became a general contractor instead! I would have made more money if I stayed and made the fucking calls though.

Back
Top Bottom