Clawed, yellow, burnt looking leaves near harvest?

jokerlola

My outdoor Silver Mountain plant that is probably 2 weeks or closer to harvest has clawed leaves with some that are yellowing and browning to a crisp. Does this look like nutrient burn? Should stop the nutes for these last weeks or only stop the nitrogen? Or does it look like something else? This is the plant that had bud rot on one bud which I cut off earlier this week.

CE8E9CF3-A8D6-462E-B6BF-110D9320EC2B.jpeg

EB05B8F7-58D9-44A3-8EA5-09E058CDB17A.jpeg

3FCB101E-945D-4712-82A6-62FB794D933F.jpeg

86C51FEC-EF3C-4C29-B1EA-49E627593213.jpeg

A8E571DA-13B7-4684-8C36-1F2387A4E28C.jpeg

0A2C8546-CC83-4815-8A0D-5828235AD142.jpeg

Maybe overwatering? You will get a more concrete answer shortly from a more seasoned grower here but that’s what it looks like to me. If your that close to harvest then a little yellowing is normal.

Maybe overwatering? You will get a more concrete answer shortly from a more seasoned grower here but that’s what it looks like to me. If your that close to harvest then a little yellowing is normal.
Yeah I know it’s not overwatering because I’m very good at only watering when the pot gets light as a feather. I’m expecting yellowing leaves this time of year but things just don’t look right so wanted to get some feedback on what it could be.

I would say that you have a mild Nute burn. Stop giving N, in flower it needs very little N, but lots of P&K. Also a little calmag won’t hurt. Most of the yellowing looks to be normal senescence.
Yeah, I'm wondering if it's nitrogen burn. I'm not that concerned about the yellowed leaves but the clawed leaves is different than the other 4 clones from this plant and so is the burnt looking leaves. The other 4 clones that are being fed the same have none of this and look healthier.

If it was nitrogen, you would see very very dark green leaves, which you do not have. The leaves are pointing to the roots telling you something is going on there, but the what, I am not sure of. It does seem like it could be senescence, but even if it is (or isn't), the reality is, this plant will not die before it is done, so don't worry about it.

If it was nitrogen, you would see very very dark green leaves, which you do not have. The leaves are pointing to the roots telling you something is going on there, but the what, I am not sure of. It does seem like it could be senescence, but even if it is (or isn't), the reality is, this plant will not die before it is done, so don't worry about it.
So leaves pointing down indicate root problems?

Aye - It's a pretty big plant, maybe it's just becoming a bit rootbound?
It's been an odd plant. It was a branch with a big cola that broke off a plant last fall during flowering. I stuck it in water to try to continue to ripen the cola. When I went to dry the buds, I discovered that it rooted. So I cut off the buds and planted in a 1 gallon pot and kept it in a window with extra light until I transplanted it to the 5 gallon Smart Pot last May. I've grown much bigger plants in my 5 gallon Smart Pots than this plant is. It didn't grow as big as the plant it came off of and the clones I took off of it grew smaller as well. Maybe it's because it was re-vegged from having a big cola.

I DO NOT allow any yellowing..Period and I remove any of them. I think you should have harvested earlier. Cut them and hang upside down...NOW! and each Pot should be 20 Gal Minimum.I use 25's. I grow exclusively Durban Poison for Many Years. I'll top out at 15/18 ft. My "trimmer " wife LOL. shes very good at it. Keep it clean and green Brother.

IMG_4365.jpg

I DO NOT allow any yellowing..Period and I remove any of them. I think you should have harvested earlier. Cut them and hang upside down...NOW! and each Pot should be 20 Gal Minimum.I use 25's. I grow exclusively Durban Poison for Many Years. I'll top out at 15/18 ft. My "trimmer " wife LOL. shes very good at it. Keep it clean and green Brother.

IMG_4365.jpg
First of all I don’t really have the skills to pull off big plants like yours. I’ve been growing for only 4 years and it started as a lark but I have a lot to still learn. Second, I need to keep my plants manageable and mobile. I’m in Colorado with very unpredictable weather so I need to be able to move my plants to under the porch or inside if we get hail or high winds or unseasonable cold. So the biggest smart pots I would probably move up to is 7 gal. My 5 gal. have worked well. Those yellowing, clawed leaves turned out to be an aphid infestation and on inspecting the trichomes a few days ago I saw a few spider mites crawling around. The plant cut stuck in not forecasted rainstorm, so I took the opportunity to gently spray it all down with the hose to spray off aphids and mites. We had cold nights coming and the trichomes looked right (80% cloudy, 20% amber) so I put her in 48 hrs of darkness and trimmed and hung her up last night.

Back
Top Bottom