Leaves curling down

4our2wenty

hi guyz,
it seems like nitrogen toxicity?
the plant was not fed for the first 3 weeks. started getting the "Claws" at week 3.
flushed it few times but the prob continued, its a month old today, the claws got worse n the leaves curled. all new growing leaves r getting claws too. any suggestion? help?

IMG_028943.JPG
IMG_028841.JPG
IMG_028750.JPG

c0bfa7ed-a7fa-447c-ba93-1d96c2d17a4e.jpg
00e9ae28-3aca-418d-8e13-72db4bf41bbe.jpg

Over watered.... perhaps Copper deficient. That's from the initial observation. Like Vestamatrik asked. What are the specifics regarding medium and feeding?

Hi, and welcome to :420:

Couple questions. How often do you water? What type of medium are you using, coco? What nutrients are you using now and how much?

I'm leaning toward over watering but it's hard to tell without some more information.

thanks buddy.
1st of all i didn't use nutrients coz it was already showing nitrogen toxicity. but 2 days ago i noticed brown/black spots on lower leaves so i thought it could be some kind of p or k deficiencies. gave it 1 watering with (N:12 P:3 K:6)
the black/brown spots stopped spreading straight away after the first feeding.
i only have used nutrients once

about watering:
since its alrdy in its final/big pot. i water it once the top inch is dry. i.e once in 5-6 days.

soil:
regular potting soil/coco mix

its not overwatered bro, coz the run off is good n as i said approx 1 watering a week.

all the new growing leaves get the so called "claws" first n then with the time they start curling down n backwards.

first 3 weeks it grew for upto 8 to 10 inches tall with All the leaves plan straight n healthy. in the 4th week suddenly got nitrogen toxicity in the same soil without any feeding.. wht can it be???

thanks buddy.
1st of all i didn't use nutrients coz it was already showing nitrogen toxicity. but 2 days ago i noticed brown/black spots on lower leaves so i thought it could be some kind of p or k deficiencies. gave it 1 watering with (N:12 P:3 K:6)
the black/brown spots stopped spreading straight away after the first feeding.
i only have used nutrients once

about watering:
since its alrdy in its final/big pot. i water it once the top inch is dry. i.e once in 5-6 days.

soil:
regular potting soil/coco mix

its not overwatered bro, coz the run off is good n as i said approx 1 watering a week.

all the new growing leaves get the so called "claws" first n then with the time they start curling down n backwards.

first 3 weeks it grew for upto 8 to 10 inches tall with All the leaves plan straight n healthy. in the 4th week suddenly got nitrogen toxicity in the same soil without any feeding.. wht can it be???

It simply needs to drink more than once a week & it's better to use 1/4-1/2 strength nutrients 2-3x per week, rather than only when needed. I'm sure your "stuff" (whatever the hell soil mix you made up) isn't going to sufficiently feed it.

pH your water to 6.3, 1/4-1/2 strength nutes (keeping within the pH range of 6.8), and be sure to let it drink more than once a week.......I don't mean to come across as an ass, but if you're not going to take suggestions (ones that make sense) that people make as helpful, why the hell even ask a question? Also, from the pics....the pot it's in doesn't look to be that big either. Up it a size, or 5.

It simply needs to drink more than once a week & it's better to use 1/4-1/2 strength nutrients 2-3x per week, rather than only when needed. I'm sure your "stuff" (whatever the hell soil mix you made up) isn't going to sufficiently feed it.

pH your water to 6.3, 1/4-1/2 strength nutes (keeping within the pH range of 6.8), and be sure to let it drink more than once a week.......I don't mean to come across as an ass, but if you're not going to take suggestions (ones that make sense) that people make as helpful, why the hell even ask a question? Also, from the pics....the pot it's in doesn't look to be that big either. Up it a size, or 5.

ok i flushed it once more now with the way u said (pH 6.5) .
but it doesn't look like under watered or nutrient deficient but i still don't get how it suddenly started getting the claws.

will see how it reacts now n will update u.
peace ✌

Back
Top Bottom