Clean your Glass pipe like new.

Zeke

This is an old trick most people dont want to try it because they are afraid of breaking your pipe. YOUR PIPE WILLL NOT BREAK DOING THIS, if you do it how i tell you to.

1. Get a coffee cup.
2. Fill it up with water.
3. Heat up the water in a microwave for 5 min, or until boiling.
4. Now just grab your pipe and stick it in, make sure you hold it. Don't let it touch the glass in the cup, just hold it in the boiling water for 2-4 minutes, and it will be clean as new, will still smell though. :tommy:

nice thread man, a lot of people ask this all the time.

im more of a fan of acetone. its breaks the resin right up. soak then rinse it. works like a charm

potman6767 said:
im more of a fan of acetone. its breaks the resin right up. soak then rinse it. works like a charm
where can u get the shit?

Shewin Williams, or just any old store, acetone is the same thing as finger nail remover. just soak the bowl in it and it cleans it pretty well. make sure to wash it though to get all the acetone off. its not that hard to get it off because it evaporates pretty fast

Does anyone know how to clean the tar out of metal pipes? I dont have a glass pipe. I wish i had one though.

honestly, the best two things i've ever had and they work well are rubbing alcohol and salt. rock salt works the best, but if you get just ordinary table salt and rubbing alcohol, it works bomb--i use this method on my $420 bubbler. also, one thing i've found that works really well for cleaning bowl pieces and stems--place the bowl piece or stem (one at a time so they don't break) in a large plastic ziploc freezer bag, pour in some salt, pour in some rubbing alcohol, seal the bag, and shake away till the liquid turns dark. repeat as often as necessary. also, for those who have triple percs out there--try a degreaser from a hardware store--they work bomb. anyways, gotta go celebrate the holiday! :smokin:

i just used rubbing alcohol and warm water the other day and it turned out pretty nice...i didnt know u had to use salt w/ it tho?? i hope i didnt hurt it? but i smoked out of it a couple of times already since then and it was alright... :cool:

My metal bowl is toooo resined up .... i need to clean her out, im gunna try that rubbing alchohol thing tonight.... im supposed to be getting a new metal chamber bowl and glass one tomorrow

potman6767 said:
Shewin Williams, or just any old store, acetone is the same thing as finger nail remover. just soak the bowl in it and it cleans it pretty well. make sure to wash it though to get all the acetone off. its not that hard to get it off because it evaporates pretty fast

I just used that method it worked like a charm it even removed the resin smell, but it's now replaced with acetone smell, how do I get rid of it?

Back
Top Bottom