Climate?

WillGrapes

Hey guys, I was here because friend of mine said growing (outdoors) in texas will be bad for the plants due to the hot and dry temperatures.
So, what are your thoughts? Would they be bad in TX or would it be a +?

I say it depends doesn't texas get cold snaps also
like freezing rain and stuff?
arid dry isn't the optimal area to grow in but then again where do they grow their weed in mehico
its probably doable but depends where in texas you are how good itll turn out
im sure its not all dry and arid in texas

texas is near mexico they grow bud there to answer yes they will thrive in texas.pick a strain that is draught resistant and suitable for outdoor cultivation. id say start the plant in a pot then bury it in the dirt,after the roots strech and the plant grows you wont need to water as much.cannabis will usually grow in any climate,only catch to this is if it will naturally finish in time!!

well, Where i'm at it doesnt really change weather that much... just HOT summers and but everything stays pretty green year round. Today it misted though so idk if that would be good or not. It wasnt really like a rain it was just very very small drizzle. :)

yup.

back in the dark ages (70's) I grew in Tucson. I can't imagine that's worse than Texass. I did plant them under mesquite trees and watered them a lot which probably helped the mesquite as much as it helped the crop, but.....

it can be done and some even thing the alkaline soil is a benefit. I won't attest to that, but....

You can definitely do it, just keep watering them on a regular basis or install some dripping system. If it's really dry, pick a pure indica (anything with Afghani genetics) and it will thrive, cause these plants just love baking on the sun.

Back
Top Bottom