Clone life longevity in bubbler?

PopeyeSpinach

I need to take some clones off a gorilla glue mother to run in my next hydro.

Ive taken clones before, but i estimate im 3-5 weeks out from harvest of my current grow.

I dont wanna take clones and have em die or get sick before i can get them in the hydroton.

Ill be using a bubble cloner w dome and plan to change water, and add some nutes if they are in there too long.

Am i ok to go ahead a take some cuttings, or should i wait a another week or so?

I have held clones in my spray cloner for many weeks before.

There are things you can do to slow them down if you need to.

You could top them if they start to grow up to much and you can trim off some roots to slow them down.

I run z7 water treatment and about 1/4 nutes once the roots show on the clones.

Why are you using a dome on your bubble cloner?

Have you tried it without the dome?

I dont have to, ive gone both ways but seem to have better luck with a dome. I cloned some sour diesel and every time I took the Dome off for the first few weeks the dang thing would start to wilt/fall over, then i put the dome back on and it would stand back up.

With a spray cloner wilting is how you can tell the stem is not getting enough spray on it for whatever reason or they are getting to much light.

I use z7 and 9.4 tap water and get about 95% success rate with a 5gal spray cloner I made up.

You could over hold them in the cloner for a week or two by trimming some roots or topping.

I think in my case, wilting was due to the air movement in the grow room.

But, i didnt know wilting was also an indicator of not enough water on the stems. Also didnt know i could trim roots.. thanks

Ive made some more room in there and relocated the bubbler to the floor so it wont get constant air on it.

Why 9.4 tapwater? Ive always done 5.8-6.2, this is the first ive heard of 9.4.....or do you just say f it and give em tapwater without PH'ing lol

Back
Top Bottom