Clone lighting & Cloning from clones

Bogie

I'm new to the forum, but I did read quite a few pages worth of messages on this subject. I plan on buying a commercial cloning unit and need your advice to the following questions.

I read that clones need some fluorescent light but not to intense. What light spectrum should I use? 2700k, 6500k, etc.

Do I really need to save the mother plant for future clippings? I'm hoping to just get new clippings from the clones after they have grow a bit. Are there any serious draw back to this method?

I am just about to start and maintain 4 mothers I have never done that yet so its new I hope to learn in on here as I use to just clone every time. While im blessed with 400w metal halide I got for free for my veg area
from what I heard most are using the 2700 I believe for vegetation, I have used cfls and I found it cheaper to use floros for clones and one or 2 plants u can get a 2 bulbs with 2 foot or 18inch floro unit at home depot for 6.99 each and 2 bulbs for $1-$3 so u have light for under $10 for one unit or $20 for 2 units 4 bulbs total. Plus they last longer and seem to give better light than cfl’s and u can get specialty lights for the floros other wise u have to buy 2 good cfl bulbs for $14 each or some say 4 pack of bulbs for 8.00 at waly world then u need the sockets to screw 2 bulbs in one socket and u need the cords and all that so it seems to be a beter more cost effective way to grow clones under floros than cfl’s just my 2 cents from experience and friends experience, back in the day I did a complete grow of 6 plants under 4 twist floro bulbs I dint even notice it on my electricity bill and got over 8 oz dry from them and it was my very first grow!

I'm new to the forum, but I did read quite a few pages worth of messages on this subject. I plan on buying a commercial cloning unit and need your advice to the following questions.

I read that clones need some fluorescent light but not to intense. What light spectrum should I use? 2700k, 6500k, etc.

Do I really need to save the mother plant for future clippings? I'm hoping to just get new clippings from the clones after they have grow a bit. Are there any serious draw back to this method?

Use 6500K for VEG and 2700K for BLOOM. No too intense until roots dig in.

I am currently taking clones from clones. I have my 3 rd generation rooted and vegging right now. Some say you may experience degradation after a few generations and some say they've done it fine for 10 generations or more with no loss of effect or yield. I'm doing my own experiment with my favorite plant. The 3rd gen will be ready for smoke about 4 months from now. I will know for sure if there is a difference.:peace:

While im blessed with 400w metal halide I got for free for my veg area
from what I heard most are using the 2700 I believe for vegetation,

The other way around :) 2700k for BLOOM that 400 watt MH will do very good things for your vegging plants.

So I have been running a 3 week old clone under an Apollo 400w mh bulb for veg. Should I continue to follow18/6 for month or place my clone under a fluorescent for 24/0 for a month?.. Also what is the recommended level of humidity to produce good?

Back
Top Bottom