Clones from feminized plant seed

cannilingus

I have two plants that seem near impossible for me to clone. i know that strain by strain, they all differ in ease of getting cuttings to root. My qwestion is "if a plant is from a fem seed, will its cuttings be even harder to get to root? the two plants i like, but are having a horrid time with, are both from the same company, but ill stay with just the main one. critical sensi star. i was able to get one to clone. i have two plants of this, now. one is outside, one in. all of the ten cuttings from outside, are dead. and, now, half of the indoor cuttings are failing. on the other side, my ice loves to root. its a pain, when i find a nice plant, only to grunt with disgust, and move on. lol. any similar stories to share with me? ty.

The cut of harlequin that I have seems to be impossible to clone. I know two other growers that have the same cut and only one of them was able to get one to root (that was 1 out of 10). Seems to be strain based? I'm not sure. I think auggie pretty much dismantled the "clones off of fem seeds" argument in a thread from a couple weeks back. Can't find it right now, but basically he said, that he had taken many clones off of fem seeds with no problems.

well. i must have been not thinking. i have a ice cutting that came i got from fem seeds i ordered. i hardly ever have a clone of this fail me. others that cloned real well, for me, were jack herer. god. skunks. to name a few. anther that was near impossible, was herojuana. (medijuana). REAL hard to clone. another five fem seeds i had, of this purple bud, that none turned purple, lol, it clones, but real slow. and its a plant that dos not like much nutes. thanks for the reply.

many, cannot take much light on them at first. i use just a single cfl, and, when brand new, in the humiddome, i have them so just a shade of light hits them. after a few days, i move the tray just an inch or so. just a hint more light. and on and on. when i see the little squirts "reach", then i give them full cfl light. but, some streins are so hardy, you could drop on on the carpet, and they would find a way to survive. my old jack herer was like that. what a cloner it was. and fast to root. wow. and grew like a weed. wish they all were that way. my ice, by nirvana, is super happy. they grow well. cant wait to get my "crystal" in the mail. may come today. im sure it will be a super cloner, as well.

I have two plants that seem near impossible for me to clone. i know that strain by strain, they all differ in ease of getting cuttings to root. My qwestion is "if a plant is from a fem seed, will its cuttings be even harder to get to root? the two plants i like, but are having a horrid time with, are both from the same company, but ill stay with just the main one. critical sensi star. i was able to get one to clone. i have two plants of this, now. one is outside, one in. all of the ten cuttings from outside, are dead. and, now, half of the indoor cuttings are failing. on the other side, my ice loves to root. its a pain, when i find a nice plant, only to grunt with disgust, and move on. lol. any similar stories to share with me? ty.

Just a thought from my own experiences this year cloning. I found that when I tried cloning from my outdoor plants, when I put them inside under CFLs in a dome, they took WAY longer to root and my success rate dropped to about 85% from 99%. Later I had a limb break off my largest outside girl, thought I would try cloning her for my next indoor plants. I put the cuttings in coco pots full of seedling soil and left them to their own devices outside in a plastic tray. They rooted faster and success went back op to 99%.

Back
Top Bottom