Cloning from a flowering plant: Monster Cropping advice

Dr Krieger

I took some Dolato and GG4 cuttings before flowering my plants (link to that grow jornal). The clones were in a clone king and hadn't developed roots yet. I came back from vacation and they all had died, no roots formed or any growth since cutting them. They were running with tap water and I hadn't tested the PH. I'd assume that the PH was off or the water needed to be changed but this is my first time using the clone king. I followed the instructions for taking cuttings and they looked healthy originally.
20200710_211310.jpg

I only have the two mothers now who are 15 days into flowering. I was thinking of taking cuttings and defoliating them a bit. I've never taking cuttings from a flowering plant but I've read about it and it sounds like it would take a while for them to start growing normally again which I'm fine with. Is there any advice I can get from people who've done it before?

I took some Dolato and GG4 cuttings before flowering my plants (link to that grow jornal). The clones were in a clone king and hadn't developed roots yet. I came back from vacation and they all had died, no roots formed or any growth since cutting them. They were running with tap water and I hadn't tested the PH. I'd assume that the PH was off or the water needed to be changed but this is my first time using the clone king. I followed the instructions for taking cuttings and they looked healthy originally.
20200710_211310.jpg

I only have the two mothers now who are 15 days into flowering. I was thinking of taking cuttings and defoliating them a bit. I've never taking cuttings from a flowering plant but I've read about it and it sounds like it would take a while for them to start growing normally again which I'm fine with. Is there any advice I can get from people who've done it before?
Wait until 2nd week of flower tgem take cutting. It does stall for a bit but then explodes like you've never seen!

Northern lights, 20 clones taken (15 here) in week 3 of flower, 100% success rate. (Clonex, cut 45 degree skim some skin, humidity dome, heat matt and misting daily for 1 week, Then start to open vents) produce very busy plants. I only have two rooms so I take in flower buy the time I finish flower I pick the best pheno from 6 dif girls.

Attachments

• 20200629_120800.jpg
    20200629_120800.jpg
    734.5 KB · Views: 117
Did you put them in a humidity dome? Until a clone grows roots they get most of their moisture through their leaves.
I had read that a humidity dome shouldn't be used with a aeroponic cloner such as the clone king I was using. Was that wrong? Maybe I needed them to be misted more while I was away. The air is very dry where I'm at so that probably didn't help.

Northern lights, 20 clones taken (15 here) in week 3 of flower, 100% success rate. (Clonex, cut 45 degree skim some skin, humidity dome, heat matt and misting daily for 1 week, Then start to open vents) produce very busy plants. I only have two rooms so I take in flower buy the time I finish flower I pick the best pheno from 6 dif girls.
What are you using for a medium? It looks like dirt in the pictures. I have some rapid rooter plugs, a heat mat, starter tray and humidity dome and purchased some clonex. I might try that since you had a 100% success rate.

I had read that a humidity dome shouldn't be used with a aeroponic cloner such as the clone king I was using. Was that wrong? Maybe I needed them to be misted more while I was away. The air is very dry where I'm at so that probably didn't help.

What are you using for a medium? It looks like dirt in the pictures. I have some rapid rooter plugs, a heat mat, starter tray and humidity dome and purchased some clonex. I might try that since you had a 100% success rate.

Sorry was only 18, I'm using straight coco, I did try an aero cloner and it worked ok. But I get just as good results in straight coco. Everything is kept very clean and sterile, e.g. new blade, Isocol everything. Soon as clones are taken from mother straight into a cup of tap water to stop any air bubbles being drawn up stem, when ready to place in media, cut on a 45, slight shave of skin on one side and straight into clonex for a minute while you get there new home ready (if you can have a node around this area that part will root quicker, maybe more hormones around nodes?). Once I place them, I place a couple drops of a RYZO in 1L of water and water in not till run off just so media is wet, you don't want to wash away clonex. Then onto heat mat with dome on and closed. Each day I will place some water into tray to keep humidity high and blow a breath (CO2) under dome. Do this for a week then open vents over next couple days after that and you should start to notice some roots within 1-2 weeks easily.
20200619_122133.jpg

20200616_183333.jpg

These are in a little seahawk clone tent, with a medium seahawk heat mat and a starlite 2 x 55w T5 flourescent propagation light.
Good luck mate!:ganjamon:

I've never used an aeroponic cloner, so I have no idea. Go with the information you've researched for your own equipment. I use soil, so different setup. If everything else you have was fine, misting or not misting the leaves is about the only thing I could think of.

Back
Top Bottom