Clones in Humidity Dome

CrystalLight

HELP!! Please!! I'm new to the website and new to growing. I started with five different strains under a 400w MH light in a tent. They are growing great and I decided to make some clones off them. I believe I cut them right, planted them in a coco blend soil like their parents and put them in a 'humidty dome.' I turned a clear storage container upside down and put the cuts in there, off to the side of the tent. THEIR WILTING!! Its only been like TWO hours :( I tried to vent it alittle...I have a humidifier in the tent so I tried to lift the cover up to get some in there...I don't want them to die on the first day, is the container too big? what do I do??? The temp is around 82 and the humidity in the tent is around 32%...but they are in the dome in the tent....

:( I have a spray bottle with water and I have sprayed them, none of them have root because I JUST planted them today, Could the container maybe be too large? but how do I fix that?

That humidity seems low for a "Humidity dome" I've read that most clippings excell int eh 80% - 90% humidity range. Id try kicking the humidity up in the dome. Did you cut your clippings the correct way?? Also hows that ph? It could be a number of factors contributing to the wilting. You just have to start checking every possibility off the list.

First are you watering enough or too little?
Is your ph correct for the clippings?
Is the humidity in the correct range?
Are they getting proper ventilation when needed?
Is the environment the clipping in completely cleaned?

I start asking myself stuff like that and it usually helps narrow the problem a bit more for a more accurate diagnosis

HELP!! Please!! I'm new to the website and new to growing. I started with five different strains under a 400w MH light in a tent. They are growing great and I decided to make some clones off them. I believe I cut them right, planted them in a coco blend soil like their parents and put them in a 'humidty dome.' I turned a clear storage container upside down and put the cuts in there, off to the side of the tent. THEIR WILTING!! Its only been like TWO hours :( I tried to vent it alittle...I have a humidifier in the tent so I tried to lift the cover up to get some in there...I don't want them to die on the first day, is the container too big? what do I do??? The temp is around 82 and the humidity in the tent is around 32%...but they are in the dome in the tent....

That's WAAAAAY too much light for clones.

A shop light from HD (~$15) with 2-40w T-12's is more than enough light for clones and even then, keep it a couple of feet away.

DD

Back
Top Bottom