Clones- roockwool into soil

MrWhiiteBoi

I'm new here, just starting my first closet grow. got a lot of pointers from some friends that grow, but im a bit sketchy on putting the rockwool into the soil..

once its in the soil, i should water lightly? should they be misted?

also, i keep getting completely different info regarding the ideal temp/humidity..

thanks for the help!

Re: How do I go from rockwool to a soil mix?

I always wait untill i can se roots coming out of the cubes, then i remove the humidtydome. No need for misting when roots are developed. Transplant to your soil and water ligthly, dont pour it directly on the cube but on the soil around it, saturated not soggy. My temps in veg room is 22 celcius, i just try to keep it between 20 - 25. RH at 60 - 70 in veg room..
If the soil your using contains nutrients you proberly shouldnt use any in the water solution for the first week or two, depending on the container size..
Could you post a pic maybe?

Re: How do I go from rockwool to a soil mix?

2011-10-28_21-02-28_719.jpg

2011-10-28_21-02-19_506.jpg

2011-10-28_21-02-04_285.jpg

2011-10-28_21-01-56_639.jpg

the reason im more nervous about the plants, is the leaves looked like that when i got them, so im a little nervous about making it worse.. ive havent watered them too much, and the temp has been around 75/78..

any advice?

Well juicy has it wrapped up.....good advice here.....you just need to have a little patience and keep watching......they will turn around for you soon....:peace:

Yes!!!!

What most people don't realize. If the soil is drier than the rw cube, it will suck the moisture out of the cube to the detriment of the clone.

Saturate ALL the medium well, just short of soggy. The rw cube and the soil will reach a balance and maintain this balance as everything dries out. Then, just normal watering.

This heavy watering is just for the initial transplant to get a balance in the soil mix.

The rw cube should be buried 1/2" or so, to keep the light off it. Prevents algae. But from your pics, looks like you have that covered.

DD

sounds good.. thanks for the help.
i figured that since they are not getting worse, then i must be doing it right!.
Thanks.

these are all probably basic noob questions, but with the rockwool cubes, do i need to KEEP the soil moist for a few days? or just water once a day?
sorry for bugging, but thanks for the help

dont water before top of soil is dry, they are still delicate, and will damp off if you keep the rockwool cube saturated at all times, so if i were you, i would scrape a little dirt to the sides so the top of cube is visible.. keep watering around the cube..
when you got dry pots, try lifting them by hand, feel the weight of your pots, you will soon be able to tell the difference between a moist pot and a dry pot without getting your hands dirty ;)
You should also look at what the plant tells you, your new sprouting leaves look great man, patience, and you soon got some beautys, good work!

Thanks for the help and advice!
Its scary on your first grow, a lot of info to absorb, and being overly cautious. I just cant wait til the end result, when i have handfulls of beautifull medicine!

Back
Top Bottom